Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Outlook Express 6 "does not recognize sender's address" after Identity switch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 demonrow

demonrow

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

Otherwise, Outlook works fine. Internet connectivity works fine. Everything fine until you switch to a new identity, then you get this error message. Last time it happened, I opened the message and clicked on my "from" address; the pulldown gave me two instances of the same e-mail address. Picked "the other one" and it worked just fine. Now my wife says she doesn't get the option of clicking on the "from" address.

Anybody ever seen this? Know what's happening? Know how to fix? Know a good local IPA in Atlanta?

Its a Windows2k machine, pentium 3, running OE6 and IE7. MS office is installed. Run my updates regularly. I do have Norton on the machine (unitl my subscription runs out; then I'll uninstall that crap as fast as I can)

Could Norton be messing with it?

Anybody?

Thanks,
D
"Look before you leap".

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rvmessina

rvmessina

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:16 PM

Try running the outlook repair tool, you may need the Office CD.  Each profile in Outlook can have seperate options and normally uses another outlook file.  What you have in one is not normally carried over to the other.  If you want to keep everything together, then use 1 profile and use rules to make seperate in-boxes in that 1 profile to seperate your emails from different accounts.

I have 8 different emails and I use 1 profile, and I use rules to seperate what comes in.

Good Luck!!

Save the environment, plant a Tree!!

#3 demonrow

demonrow

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 04:11 AM

Cool, I'll try that. What I failed to include in that original post was that we're also running a remote desktop (connecting to another PC) from this one, and the message only seems to appear when that session is running. I'm guessing that that may be causing a conflict.

Outlook (and Office) was installed on this box when I got it (cheap from an auction) so I can't verify that it was installed correctly in the beginning. But you get what you pay for, right?

I'll try your suggestion. Thanks,
D
"Look before you leap".

#4 rvmessina

rvmessina

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:49 AM

What you say may be true.  Make sure you have the latest version of RDP.  If anything go to MicroSoft Download site http://www.microsoft.com/downloads , search for RDP in the search box and look for the latest version.  If you do not have XP, make sure you choose the correct one.  The one for XP is, I believe, 6.1.  The one label 6.0 is for all other operating systems.  If you use a dial up connection, or a VPN connection, then yes you will have problem with Outlook due to the fact that these OVERRIDE the final destination of all request.  Normally when 2 networks are involved you will need to specify all others than your main one as an options for "sign on to network".  If you use XP Professional and above, then you will not have a connection/destination problem.  Remember, XP Home DOES NOT HAVE ALL THE COMPONENTS for full networking and communications.  MicroSoft feels that "Home" users should not need this.  It is there logic not mine.....

Good Luck...

Save the environment, plant a Tree!!

#5 callpocket

callpocket

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

I ran into an issue with Outlook a few weeks ago after reformatting and reinstalling XP for a friend. This friend uses ATT DSL as the ISP. Apparently they have upgraded their security and changed some of the settings in the configuration. I had to go to Windows Update and get some extra updates -- these were listed under Office updates. I had the machine set to only notify of Critical Windows Updates and had not looked at the Office updates until then. I also had to go through the ATT dsl tools and change some of the web addresses for proxy server and what not.

If this happened suddenly and you ignored emails from your ISP to upgrade settings, I think this might apply to your problem. Hope this helps!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics