Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Christmas Tree Light Hell

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Electrician Dude

Electrician Dude

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

I know you men and women are primarily appliance GURU’S but you might get A laugh out of this anyway. I know the Christmas season is over and what A trying time that can be anyway but this one will make you think. I am an industrial plant electrician with 22 years of experience and I know I haven’t seen it all.

I pull out the dreaded mini-lights for the Christmas tree. I have 4 sets of the really cool ones with their own controller. They have 3 distinctive circuits red, blue, and green. You can tell this because the controller can operate them individually. I plug the first 2 in and everything is great. I plug the 3rd one in and the blue lights are not working. No big deal I’ll get to that one in a minute (I tell myself.) I plug the 4th one in and again the blue lights don’t work (Huh that’s weird I tell myself.) I go back to the 3rd one and start to push on the bulbs to make sure they are seated in their sockets. After about half way down the string they start to work. I figure if that worked on the 3rd one it might work on the 4th one. I follow the same patented procedure with the 4th set. You guessed it, it didn’t work. I tell my family that I want to go to Home Depot tomorrow and buy one of cool mini-light tester-outer-fixers. We let it set plugged in while we put the other three up. During this time my wife keeps telling me that there is a blue light in the green circuit on the one that that isn’t working. I dismiss this as I do SOME of the things she suggests when it comes to electrical troubleshooting. She keeps insisting that it bothers her and she wants to change it. I finally get tired of hearing about it so I tell her to change it. You know what happens now! Yep as soon as she takes the blue light out of the green circuit the blue circuit starts working. The green lights all go out obviously because there is now a bulb missing, right. "What do I do now?" she asks. At this point I could have went into an hour-long lecture on how what I just saw was impossible and didn’t make any sense. I just smiled and said put A green bulb back in that empty socket. She does this and everything is good.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

This really works... LightKeeper Pro

While the string set is powered-up, remove any bulb,
insert LightKeeeper Pro Gun into a mini bulb socket and pull the trigger.

It sends a "static spark" "wake-up call" down the string

to "jump start" the "bypass shunt"
that was supposed to "short" when a bulb burns out.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

Enjoy the funny video!
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics