Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest Brad

Kenmore water dispenser won't dispense!

16 posts in this topic

Kenmore model 106.57285791 Refrigerator water dispenser doesn't work - push lever, nothing. I replaced the twin solenoid, same thing. Ice machine works fine. What do I do next?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You don't think it could be in the electronics at all?

Brad,  it's possible the problem may be in the selection switch but check out a couple things first.   First make sure that the desp. lever is making the switch.  This switch is on the housing that the Samari sent you a picture of.  Next,  your model has a water reservoir on the refrigerated side in back,   This could be frozen near the outlet of the reservoir.  It has two lines going to it,  one going in and one going out to the water desp.  Take a hair dryer and go over it lightley so you don't burn it,  keep moving the thing.   Then check the desp. again...see if it starts spitting water....Ron

Usually not "electronics".  Put your ear to the fridge.  Make sure you hear the little switch in the dispenser recess CLICK when you press the cradle to get water.  Do you hear a hum coming from the solenoid?  Could also be the door switch.  Do you own a meter?  Could also be frozen someplace like Ron says.

To get the cover off so you can get at the part I mentioned you'll need a large flat screwdriver.  Get on your knees and look up at the bottom of the recess area.  You'll see two places where you can put the screwdriver blade.  Don't scratch your freezer door.  Give the screwdriver a firm turn.  You will hear a horrible loud crack.  Do it to both side then pull the bottom out and lift up.  Piece of cake after that.

Thanks both Ron and Jedi! Replaced the control bracket and all is well. I probably didn't need the solenoid at all - oh well. And Ron thanks for the hint on removing dispenser cover. I would have had to buy one of those after I roughed it off my way.

Oops!  I meant thanks to Jedi for the tip about the dispenser cover!  :notworthy:

You're welcome Brad.  Glad I could help.  Couldn't have done it without the Samurai.

May the force be with you.

The water dispenser on our Kenmore model 106 has quit working. Only a couple ounces of water come out and then it shuts off. What do I need to check first?

I would start by seeing if the fill valve on the disp side is going bad, not holding open when power is applied to the coil...

Kenmore model 106.9555712 won't dispense water.  The ice maker works fine.  In addition, there is water flow from the holding tank through the tube to at least the connector at the bottom of the door.  When I take the tubing apart at the connector at the bottom of the door and push in the dispenser water shoots out, but when I reconnect no water comes out of the dispenser.  It seems there may be some blockage, but I'm not sure how to go about "unblocking: it.  Any help would be appreciated.

jmundus

most likely the water line within the freezer door is frozen.

unfortunatelly non serviceable since the door and liner are glued together and the inside filled with that expanding foam insulation.

i do subcontractor work for sears and  *their*  procedure is to install temp recorders in fridge and freezer for 24 hrs to determine if its a temp regulation problem....if so then the thermostat gets replaced

if not then the entire freezer door gets replaced. so unless its under warranty this may cost abit.(500-600 for regular door or 700-800 for S/S)

the door comes prefabed with all dispensor hardware, water line etc.... the gasket, handle, and shelf bins/rails get swapped over.

so you may wanna try turning the fridge down one or two increments and wait 24-48 hrs or even replace the thermostat first..... as far as thawing that line out maybe try turning of fridge and leave freezer door open for 15-20 mins

UNLESS......if you have one of the earlier models then the liner is screwed on to the door which now makes the water line accessible. pry the door seal back and check to see if there are screws (if there are ....... did i made you poop your pants talking about replacing the entire door  lol:P)

big hammer,

Thanks for the help!!  The water is now flowing again.:)

quite welcome :dude:

kenmore 70 series,model 20712990, Washer is overflowing with water can't stop water from overflowing. what do i do next?

Please register then re-post this in the washer repair forum, meanwhile turn the water off to the washer...closing this thread now since it is unsecured...;)