Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

We're Moving...

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

That's right, my fellow appliantology acolytes, Sunday evening (1/11/09) this forum is moving to a new, more powerful server that will serve up forum pages faster than Mrs. Samurai serves up spam and grits!

But wait, there's more!

It's not just a new server-- we're also upgrading to new forum software. You'll find it to be functionally very similar to this board but with some waay cool improvements. And a FREE cappuccino maker! ... well, not really, but it does have a spiffy, new custom-designed look (check it out)!

So, the forum will go down Sunday evening and the transfer will thus commence. None of your posts or replies or anything will be lost! But the forum will be down for about 12 to 24 hours, depending on how long it takes for the domain name change to reach your particular webhood.

While the forum is transferring, I'll have this temporary forum set up for questions. You don't have to register or anything to post questions; it's totally open. I'll shut it down after the transfer to the permanent forum is complete.

How will you know when it's complete? Just keep coming to ApplianceGuru.com and, when it looks like this, you'll know you're at the new and improved forum. Eess seemple, da? Ha, ha, ha, you seely Ameedicans! :laughing:

A little bump in the road, my dear tomodachi, and we'll be back better than ever! Mucho domos for being cool about it. :cool:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Pegi

• RegUS_PatOff

• certified tech group 51

• Team Samurai

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Sure hope it will not be GREEN!!   :shock:    :ooo:  :ninja:   :tard:   :puke:

D'OH! :java:

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Sure hope it will not be GREEN!! :shock:   :ooo:  :ninja: :tard: :puke:

Sure have to agree with Pegi on that one, that was a horrible looking green, very hard on the eyes!!!!

• Team Samurai

OK, here's puke green:

COLOURlovers.com-Chemo_Puke_Green.png

Where do you see this color either here on this site or on the forthcoming site?

Mrs. Samurai and I really like the new theme. Easy on the eyes and blends nicely with my main site, Fixitnow.com. Sorry y'all have problems with the color green. Guess there's no accounting for taste! :P

That is the color we are seeing on the fourthcoming site, various shades of that color you just posted.... :shock: With bright yellow bands and bright orange buttons...:shock:

• Team Samurai

Interesting! I'm wondering if perhaps the forthcoming site is rendering differently on different monitors. Here's a direct comparision:

Official Puke Green:

COLOURlovers.com-Chemo_Puke_Green.png

And the forthcoming site:

00000021.png

These look dramatically different on our monitor; the first is a wretched, pukey green brings bile to the back of my throat whereas the second is a soft, lovely shade of green with yellow and orange accents that reminds me of hiking in the White Mountains. How do the shades of green compare on your monitor?

Both bright awful green, the solid panel test one does have more yellow in it however, the site one has less yellow but is a hard light and dark green..sort of the color of that band right above these words that has "post reply" in it.. Looks like the green is correct that you selected and we are just used to the soft blue...perhaps the new forum will have options to change the color scheme for personal preference...would have to so would be able to look at it if it is gonna be green...:shock:...and I know it is not just me if budget sees the same thing. :huh:

• Team Samurai

That theme is the default theme for the new forum. But the Samurai is all about choice and empowering people so, absotootly you can change the forum theme anytime you want! In fact, you can even do it in this forum. Just click the "My Account" button at the top of the screen and then click the "preferences" tab. Use the pulldown menu to select the theme that suits you best. Here's the direct link to change your forum theme.

Pegi, are you able to post a screen shot of what you see when you're looking at the home page of the forum? If you need a screen capture program, I highly recommend the powerful, svelt, and FREE Jing program.

And thank you very much for your comments! I really do appreciate them! :dude:

Two screen shots sent to your e-mail, one of this forum and one of the ugh...green one....:shock:

• Team Samurai

Got 'em, thanks. Looks like they're rendering correctly on your screen. Oh well, you can always change the theme, the forum comes with some decent built-in themes. The green one I paid to have custom developed but you can change it to whatever you like.

• Team Samurai

Well, that didn't go well werf a dayyam! Having totally unexpected problems (aren't they all?) downloading the database. I get mysql error 122 and the file is corrupted when I try to import it at the new server.

So, here we are! Let's just keep gettin' stuff fixed ratcheer whilst I resolve this database problem with my webhost. :samurai:

• Team Samurai

[align=left]And we made it! Welcome to the new forum! Looks like we did lose a little bit; for example, Reg and I both had additional posts in this topic. And there was one new Apprentice account that didn't make the transfer-- I'll manually add him back it.

There's still some moving in stuff to do but this forum is fully functional so welcome and let's get stuff fixed! [/align]

• Team Samurai

Click around and play with stuff. Lemme know whatcha like and don't like. Tons of cool features, tweaks, and improvements. Here are some highlights.

• Team Samurai

Domo, AJ! First positive comment I've gotten on the new look. :D

• Team Samurai

You're seeing soft blue? Anyone else seeing soft blue as the theme?

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

You're seeing soft blue? Anyone else seeing soft blue as the theme?

not anymore ...

it was a nice blue when we had the choice of ULTRA .. in preferences ...

• Team Samurai

I'm seeing the green-yellow-orange theme, not soft blue. What are you seeing, Reg?

EDIT: and that was while logged out.

• Team Samurai

Ahh, hang on, I think I know...

Well the first download of the forum was soft blue, it is now green with orange buttons, yellow bars....guess my pc was confused the first time...lol...oh well, as long as everything works....thanks for all you do Samurai....:ninja: