Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

We're Moving...

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

OK, I reset some settings, reload the page and lemme know what you see.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Pegi

• RegUS_PatOff

• certified tech group 51

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

... was soft blue, it is now green with orange buttons, yellow bars....
 where can I buy some of that  :puffin:

• Team Samurai

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, back to the nice soft blue, heaven......   :)

Pegi, are you seeing this...?

00000022.png

Anyone else seeing the above theme vs. the green-yellow-orange one?

• Team Samurai

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

what's with the different some users name colors ?

They're for different usergroups, like Sublime Masters, Apprentices, etc.. I'm way open to suggestions for colors!

... was soft blue, it is now green with orange buttons, yellow bars....
 where can I buy some of that  :puffin:

aahhh.. the drugs off .. it's back to cool blue ..  : bandanna:

Yes, that is what I am seeing now Samurai, thanks! The name colors are cool, I like that change... :)

• Team Samurai

Glad you like it! And, remember, if you ever want change the theme, you can select a new one in your preferences. The default theme for the board -- the one that new people will see -- is the "Appliance" theme. For existing users, I think their theme setting defaulted to the "Ultra" theme (the blue one that I posted) but they can change it to whatever they want.

""For existing users, I think their theme setting defaulted to the "Ultra" theme (the blue one that I posted)""

Proving Miracles do still happen.....:)

It is soft Blue!!....not puke Green!!  Nothing else matters!! LOL  :)

Before I login I get the green theme.

After login it changes to blue. I don't mind the green, but blue has alway's been my favorit color. :)

Your data base must be really large by now. It must have been a little tricky getting it moved over.

btw: when I hit the spell check "ABC" icon to spell check my post I got this at the top of the page.

Warning: fopen(images/avatars/449566114) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 501

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 506

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 507

Warning: unlink(images/avatars/449566114) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 512

The green is hard on my eyes.....:shock::shock:  The color changes when I log on??  The blue is like wow man, just want to relax and let my troubles go up in smoke...... The wording in the green scheme was difficult to read the words I.E.  POSTED: Jan 12...... Just figured out how to get the emoticons, my first post........

I cannot edit my own messages?????? I was going to ask, at the bottom of my POST it is just PREVIEW and PREVIEW POST  not PREVIEW and POST REPLY..... Is this only on my end or bugs in the system??  I posted by clicking preview post.....  I just  rechecked at the start of my post it has the normal words  PREVIEW and POST REPLY.......BUT  when I preview  the wording changes to PREVIEW and PREVIEW POST,  Is this correct????

[user=32822]certified tech group 51[/user]

Take a look in a normal thread in this forum, this is in Announcements for the Samruai, most of our options are not there in this heading only, see if this is so for you, it is for me to some extent, I have more buttons but you will not because of our status differences...;)

• Team Samurai

[user=25473]ApplianceJunk[/user] wrote:

btw: when I hit the spell check "ABC" icon to spell check my post I got this at the top of the page.

Warning: fopen(images/avatars/449566114) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 501

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 506

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 507

Warning: unlink(images/avatars/449566114) [function.unlink]: No such file or directory in /home/applianc/public_html/util.php on line 512

Mucho BIG TIME domos for letting me know about this, AJ! :dude:

I'll send this to my new webhost so he can fix it.

• Team Samurai

[user=32822]certified tech group 51[/user] wrote:

I cannot edit my own messages?????...  Is this correct????

No, you should be able to edit your own messages in the repair forums, as Pegi said. Not sure about the settings in this one, I'll check it out.

The green is hard on my eyes..... The color changes when I log on??

That's because the Samurai is all about choice and empowering people to take control of their Informational Modalities®. Most forums lock you into a particular look to control the way you interact with the forum. I think that's a control freak, nanny-state mentality that is at the heart and soul of what's wrong with the world today-- everyone's trying to control everyone else. Well, I'm sorry, dammit, but that's just a shitty way to run a world! At the Samurai School of Appliantology, well, hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders don't upset us 'cuz you git it yooooooouuur way!! :dazzler:

I can edit my posts. :).. I did not leave the post reply section.... I just tried to edit without going to  Topic Review.........  

• Team Samurai

Cool, good to know it's working for you.

I'm gonna start a poll to get an idea of what people like. Coming soon to a topic near you!

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

what's with the different some users name colors ?

They're for different usergroups, like Sublime Masters, Apprentices, etc.. I'm way open to suggestions for colors!

If I click on a user's name, profile, it doesn't mention their level (usergroup)

but here's a list

is this correct, any missing ?

Green = Grasshopper & Apprentice

Purple = Apprentice

Light Green = (Custom)

Orange= Scholar

Red = Master

Blue = Sublime, Fellow, & Grand Master

Subject to change without notice. :groucho:

HTML Color Charts link

• Team Samurai

That's it! How'd you generate that list?

Also, I'm looking for suggestions for userngroup colors. Don't be bashful!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, back to the nice soft blue, heaven...... :)

(every other message has a light or lighter background - in every preference selected) = OK

try the Sea preference.. kind of a greenish-blue,

but has nice "sea shells" forum.gif for the posts indicator that "rotate" forum_new.gif if there's a new message in the thread.

The "flame" indicator topic_popular.gif (hot topic) for "popular posts" is nice ..

I can understand the "paper clip" icon_clip.gif , but what's the "red dot" ?

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

... Also, I'm looking for suggestions for userngroup colors. Don't be bashful!
Pink ...:tinkerbell:(just kidding)

• Team Samurai

I think the paperclip means there are attachments I'm the topic.

As for the red, I'm still playing around with colors for the various user groups. Way open to suggestions on this! Currently, all the Academy Fellows are in red.