Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Oven won't go above 175 degrees

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 waterdowg

waterdowg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:02 AM

Magic Chef Model 38HA-36TX
The oven belongs to my sister who just purchased the house. She can't seem to get the oven to heat above 175 degrees. It has a digital display and when she turn on the oven it reads 175. But when she turns the know the 175 blinks but never changes. it always stay at 175. Please any help would be great.
Thank you, Phil

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 July 2005 - 02:57 AM

Read this and then post your correct model number.

edited for typos

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:25 AM

I would suspect  the oven sensor first....
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,876 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 29 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

I deleted Jerkey's post because we don't do guesses here-- Master Appliantologists may make recommendations based on their vast and awesome experience, but guesses from grasshoppers are about as useful as wet toilet paper.

#5 waterdowg

waterdowg

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:05 AM

That is the complete Model number. Here is the Serial number 28c028666394. When I enter this number above it shows me all the parts for this stove.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics