Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

cannot log-on thru normal route....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:04 AM

Since day one , I go to Mozilla/ Foxfire then thru Goggle to enter Fixitnow...I go to log-on but it will not accept the log-on.....The wife went thru this long round about way so I could send out an S.O.S.  My normal log-on worked for two days after your switch, then nothing. I will take back  everything I said about the green colors if I could log-on. Deal?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:35 AM

Easy fix, CTG! Happened to me, too. Just open the cookies in your browser and find and delete all cookies from applianceguru.com. The problem is that the site cookies got boogared up in some browsers. Deleting all the old cookies from applianceguru.com solves the problem.

I'm suspecting the same thing has happened to Willie, haven't seen him on since the move. I'll email him and make sure everything is OK.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

BTW, this also fixes the reverse problem: where you can't log out. :cool:

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:46 AM

This topic has more detailed help on clearing cookies in your browser.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:46 AM

Ya, remember I cannot acces this forum on my business pc thru IE, have to use firefox to access it cause it would be a nightmare on that pc to delete the cookies and start over....no problems yet on this home Dell or my laptop.... ;)  now watch it go kapootie since I said something...:shock: ....and barfed at the green colors too...LOL
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

cause it would be a nightmare on that pc to delete the cookies and start over....

You don't need to delete *all* cookies, just the ones from applianceguru.com. In most browsers, you can view the cookies and delete selected ones without having to use the Nuclear Option. :thumbsup:

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:18 AM

Ya, tried that and gave up after going cross eyed staring at hundreds of cookies, since I do not use that pc at this time no biggie...;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,622 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 07:22 AM

Does it let you sort the cookies alphabetically? If so, then the ones from applianceguru.com will be up near the top of the list.

#9 callpocket

callpocket

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

There's nothing wrong with deleting ALL the cookies. It's actually something you SHOULD do just as a part of proper machine maintenance. Once you hit the site again, it will create a new cookie.

If you don't delete your cookies/Firefox cashe, temp internet files and recent files -- or defrag your hard drive -- it bogs down and slows down the computer.

Advice: Know what your passwords are -- don't save them and have them auto fill -- it isn't safe.

Keep the sites you like to go to in your Favorites or Bookmarks. That way when you clear all your cookies/cashe as you should, you just go to the Favorites or Bookmarks and click on the site you want to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics