Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Troubleshoot modern appliances with confidence…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Casper

Amana Frig - not making ice

6 posts in this topic

I have an Amana side by side frig, with ice maker and water dispenser. No ice is being made. Water pressure is good,as water dispenser is working well. I removed back panels of frig to look at the water line going to the freezer, there are no apparent kinks in the line. I manually filled the ice tray by pooring water into the tray -- it did produce ice cubes.

The problem appears to be 1) a kink in the line that I did not see 2) Water inlet valve is shot. I suspect the inlet valve to be the issue.

Question: Do you agree? How difficult is it to replace on my own?

I would like to just buy the part and replace it. I figure that I put the new one in , just the opposite way that I take the old one out. Sound reasonable?

Are there other solutions/suggestions?

Model SMD25TW

Thanks!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like the fill valve has gone bad on the ice maker side assuming you are getting voltage to the valve from the ice maker.   Easy to replace, just get the right one and replace the old one, line for line, wire for wire.

Just to be certain...is the 'fill valve' the same thing as a 'water invlet valve'? I assume so....Amana/Maytag calls it a water inlet valve.

Also, it's located at the rear, bottom of the frig, near where the main water line is installed.Right?

Thanks!! This site is very cool and helpful.

Casper .... same thing

Excellent. I got a price quote of $30 for the part. Beats spending $130 for service call + the cost of the part.

Thanks very much for the assistance!

Behold, the fill valve.