Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Theme Wars!

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Team Samurai

My Friends,

I need your help. I'm trying to decide which theme (style or "look") that new people to the forum should see. The choice is between the Appliance theme and the Ultra theme, both shown below. Although this forum has four other themes built into it, I've only chosen these two as the candidates for the default look of the forum. Of course, members will always be able to select any of the five themes available in this forum at their personal preference. All I'm talking about here is how the forum will look to newbies who haven't joined the Samurai School yet and so don't have a choice of how the forum appears on their monitor.

Have a say in the future of the Samurai School and vote in this poll (poll closes in 30 days). Domo!

Appliance:

00000021.png

Ultra:

00000022.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Then vote in the poll! :D

• Team Samurai

Thanks for your vote, Pegi!

Why is the left column so wide (on the main page) when I select Aiblue or Sea ?

• Team Samurai

Dunno, mi amigo. I think that was just a theme designer's discretionary call. However, my samurai senses tell me that you are very close to snatching the pebble from my hand and agreeing with me that the Appliance theme is the best. :samurai:

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

... agreeing with me that the Appliance theme is the best...

I thought I voted for Ultra ..

I just voted again..

hmm..  as often as I want ?

• Team Samurai

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

hmm..  as often as I want ?

Chicago style: vote early and often. :contract:

• Team Samurai

Just to point out, too, that the poll is open to ALL appliantologists: apprentices, masters, and sublimes. Domo to all who've voted so far! :)

• Team Samurai

It was change or die, applianceman. The forum software I was using was obsolete and no longer supported. As a result, it wasn't running efficiently on the latest versions of php and mysql and it was killing the server. So the site was bogging down and crashing frequently. We're much, MUCH better off now. 8)

Thank you for the explanation Sir Sammy, I feel better now.:party::bananadance::coolblast::rah::surfin::hankywave:

Archived