Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

power spec

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 looking for an answer

looking for an answer

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

I was wondering if there is a way to get a replacement windows XP home operating system, when my hard drive crashed it took the operating system with it since there is nothing wrong with the computer I could put in another hard drive and start it up. Not a good canidate for vista though it is too old.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:01 PM

You could borrow a freind's XP CD, and use your serial number which should be on a sticker on your computer case.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 rvmessina

rvmessina

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:03 PM

Not sure if you are technical.. If you are, try F8 after boot and try the recovery console.  Use the fixboot and chkdsk with the /f option and see if it works.  If you get the BSOD (Blue screen of death!), then one of your drivers is corrupted and you may have to do a repair install from the original CD to get the operating system to work.  I have had sucess with this.

If you are not technical, you should be able to get a replacement CD from MicroSoft.  But you will have to prove to them that you have a valid license.  There should be a sticker on the side of the PC that has the product key code.  They will ask you for it.  They will charge you to get a CD + shipping and handling. And they may charge you for the call.  It has worked for me.

If you are S.O.L with M/S, then see if you can borrow a CD from someone, and use it to re-install the operating system, BUT YOU MUST HAVE THE ORIGINAL DRIVER CD FOR THE DEVICES ON YOUR PC OR YOU WILL GET STUCK AFTER THE REINSTALLATION of the operating system.

One of these steps will work.

Good Luck

Save the environment, plant a Tree!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics