Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore washing machine (90 series; Model # 110.26912691) won't spin, agitate, or drain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mdhoffmann

mdhoffmann

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

Hello-

My washing machine (Kenmore 90 series; Model # 110.26912691) was not spinning or agitating but did appear to drain.  Subsequently, I replaced a broken drive coupler based on your instructions.  I put it back together and now the washer fills, but doesn't appear to agitate, spin, or drain.  I can hear a slight humming like the motor is trying to run and spin or pump, but no luck. If I let the humming go for around 30 seconds I can smell a funky (burnt?) odor.  Any ideas of what I may have done wrong or what to do next? Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:59 PM

Might not have the couplers onto the shafts far enough or the motor mounding rubbers, take it all apart and be sure the couplers are flush to the ends of the shafts, everything might be jammed up.  Also a bad transmission can cause the coupler to break so make sure the transmission will turn both ways when you have the moitor off by turning it both ways with the coupler, if the tranny is locked this could have broken the coupler..be sure the wiring harness to the motor is tight also and the wires ti the capacitor...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 mdhoffmann

mdhoffmann

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:44 PM

Okay. I took it apart and wiring was all tight and the transmission did rotate both ways. You were right that the couplers were not flush against the ends of the shafts. I tried to take the couplers off but wasn't successful. They seemed locked in place. Any suggestions for getting them off or fully to the ends of the shafts wthout breaking them or anything else? Thanks.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

Use a socket, 5/8 I think, to carefully tap them all of the way on...evenly so not to crack the plastic...a socket that will fit over the shafts which I believe are 1/2 inch.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,887 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 12:13 AM

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Use a socket, 5/8 I think, to carefully tap them all of the way on...evenly so not to crack the plastic...a socket that will fit over the shafts which I believe are 1/2 inch.

Actually a 1/2" deep well 3/8" drive socket works perfect.  If you put the rubber coupling on the coupling half you are installing the socket fits perfectly centered in the coupler and will seat the coupling halves perfectly.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#6 mdhoffmann

mdhoffmann

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:08 AM

Well, I seated the couplers on all the way using your suggested method (thank you by the way) but I am still having no luck with pumping, agitating, or spinning. Any other ideas? Thanks

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

If you're sure the coupler is OK, then you'll need to run it with the cabinet removed and get some eyeballs on the various mechanical innards. See this page for gory details.

#8 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

Trans. free?  Pump free?  Motor free?  Wires hooked up to capacitor? If the humming is from the motor , I presume the lid switch got hooked back up.. Try motor on the floor all by its lonesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics