Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool duet ghw9400pl door lock

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rdmkc

rdmkc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:30 PM

My new (less than a month old) Whirlpool Duet refuses, with impunity, to lock the door and do any wash!  It makes noises like it's going to lock, but then laughs in my face after 6 fakeouts and displays "f" then "dl".  What's my best approach to disciplining this incooperative new member of the family?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:37 PM

I would suggest calling warranty service.....anyone messes with this that is not aurhorized just might void your warranty if you get one of those rushed techs with a bad attitude that is having a real bad day.....;)  Not that anyone in here ever has one of those days, mind you....:cool:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:39 PM

F/dL

Door Lock Error

A Door Lock Error occurs if the door cannot be unlocked. It will try to lock it 6 times before displaying the error.

• Door Lock Mechanism broken or removed from the Door
  • Check Door Lock/Switch Assembly
  • Check the wire harness connections to the Door Lock/Switch Assembly and Central Control Unit (CCU)
  • Door Lock/Switch Assembly Failure
[/*]

Send for help!

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

#4 rdmkc

rdmkc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:43 PM

Warranty man it is then!  However, I feel I should let you know that even when threatened with the warranty man, the washer still refuses to cooperate.  Hopefully WM can instill some respect.  If it works, I'll have to keep him in mind for my soon to be teenager.

#5 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 01:52 PM

If you hear a bunch of clicking toward the back of the machine its not the door lock its the upper controller .... It willl try to lock the door several times and you will hear the relays on that board clicking .... Thank god for the Warranty the board on the new one is like 500 dollars...   Like I said if ya hear a bunck of clicking it's the controller ( machine)   ... Its in warranty dont freak out    .... just remember only use HE soaps and no more that 1/4 cup of that detergent....   enjoy and best wishes

#6 rdmkc

rdmkc

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 02:27 PM

I'm not sure if the noise it makes at me constitues a lot of clicking.  It seems to click just when it's teasing me about locking.  Click.  Psych!  Click.  Psych!  Click.  Psych!  Click.  Psych!  Click.  Psych!  Click.  Psych!  Flashing red f dl..........great disappointment.:(

#7 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:20 AM

is the clicking from the door lock or is the clicking  from the top back of the machine ....  Its brand new so its IW   call them  and have a beer while ya wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics