Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

bonsai

Fisher and Paykel Dishwasher child of satan

7 posts in this topic

Hello!!

my dishwasher always seems to be operating.... once the cycle is completed it continues to humm as if the water pump is still going, however the display is turned off and there are no other signs the machine is on. The behavior continues whether or not the dor is opened or closed. the machine will also not stop mid cycle when the door is opened, leading me to believe my door switch is broken. (any one know where this is located on the machine??) however the most confusing fact is the pump operating when the machine is off!! any help would be much appriciated.... :D

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello,

A model number will help and can you also tell us if the machine is beeping as it runs on after the cycle. It is possible it is in the flood mode which over rides the door switch and leaves the drain pump running.

i think the model is 920??? and thats a negative to the beeping... i recently put a load on again and it follows the normal cycle with no probs other than continuing if the door is opened but the pump is still continuing to run afterwards...

thanx!!

OK 920 makes sense. Also known as the Nautilus. Are you able to discern wether it is the wash pump that keeps running,(do you get a shower when you open the door) or is it the drain pump that is running . I suspect the wash pump from what you say as if it was the drain pump the washer would not be going through the cycle without problems.

That being the case it sounds like you have a faulty control board. Apart from the heating element everything on these dishwashers is switched on the neutral. Check for any broken wires from the motor to the circut board. If there is and it is grounding to earth it will make the motor run as long as there is power to the dishwasher. Apart from that it has to be the controller at fault.

NZ/AUSTRALIA part number for the controller is 521793P.

thanks very much.. no i do not get a shower of water unless i open the machine mid cycle... if i open the machine when it is "off" with the pump running there is no water present..?? will the diagnosis still be the same??.... to remove the control panel i assume i remove the torx screws on the inside of the washer door and continue from there?? is it worth having a look at the pump? is there a relay or anything controling the power supply to the pump???

thanks for the help again..

The DW should stop as soon as you open the door.  If you are getting showered mid cycle, it means the door switch could be shorting.  Check the door seal to see it it looks perished, as this could cause a leak into the door.                                                                                                                     Remove the main door panel (after turning the power OFF!), before removing the control panel.  It makes it alot easier to work on:) 

i am unsure about the door switch, after further inspection i find that mid cycle when the door is opened the display will pause as if u have opened the door. the display does not continue until the door is closed again.... very strange!! :?

ps how much should i expect to pay for a control board.. i am in aus... :P

post-2473-129045085699_thumb.jpg