Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Direct-Drive Still no want to Spin

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marksan

Marksan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:16 AM

I am working on my dishonorable Whirlpool LSR8233EQ1.  The original symptoms were fill - fine, atitate - fine, drain - fine, spin - loud noises and no spin.  I took it apart, and found a broken brake cam.  I replaced this along with the clutch since they all came in the same kit.

I put it back together, and now it spins, but very slowly, and still makes the loud noise.  What is my next step?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,190 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:21 AM

Make sure you don't have something stuck between the spin basket and the outer tub. (like a sock)
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 Marksan

Marksan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:35 AM

I believe I need to remove the spanner nut to get the spin basket out.  Is that correct?  If so, is there a way to remove the spanner nut with common tools, or do I have to get a special wrench?

#4 Marksan

Marksan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

I took the plastic ring off the top of the tub, and looked down around the sides of the spin basket.  I see nothing in there.  Also, the spin basket will turn by hand.

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 30 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

Can use a big screwdriver or chissel and hammer and tap it to the left.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:26 PM

[user=2483]Marksan[/user] wrote:

I took the plastic ring off the top of the tub, and looked down around the sides of the spin basket. I see nothing in there. Also, the spin basket will turn by hand.

If the spin basket turns easily by hand then you most likely have a broken drive block also. Take the agitator out and look at the spanner nut, does the spin tube stick out above the top of the spanner nut about 1/2" to 1", if YES, then replace the drive block.

If the drive block is stripped, make sure to carefully bend all four corners of the tabs that stick up back out to their correct position. A tappered chisel tapped gently between agitator shaft and spin tub tabs will bring them back into correct position so as not to strip out the new drive block.
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics