Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Marksan

Whirlpool Direct-Drive Still no want to Spin

6 posts in this topic

I am working on my dishonorable Whirlpool LSR8233EQ1.  The original symptoms were fill - fine, atitate - fine, drain - fine, spin - loud noises and no spin.  I took it apart, and found a broken brake cam.  I replaced this along with the clutch since they all came in the same kit.

I put it back together, and now it spins, but very slowly, and still makes the loud noise.  What is my next step?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Make sure you don't have something stuck between the spin basket and the outer tub. (like a sock)

I believe I need to remove the spanner nut to get the spin basket out.  Is that correct?  If so, is there a way to remove the spanner nut with common tools, or do I have to get a special wrench?

I took the plastic ring off the top of the tub, and looked down around the sides of the spin basket.  I see nothing in there.  Also, the spin basket will turn by hand.

Can use a big screwdriver or chissel and hammer and tap it to the left.

[user=2483]Marksan[/user] wrote:

I took the plastic ring off the top of the tub, and looked down around the sides of the spin basket. I see nothing in there. Also, the spin basket will turn by hand.

If the spin basket turns easily by hand then you most likely have a broken drive block also. Take the agitator out and look at the spanner nut, does the spin tube stick out above the top of the spanner nut about 1/2" to 1", if YES, then replace the drive block.

If the drive block is stripped, make sure to carefully bend all four corners of the tabs that stick up back out to their correct position. A tappered chisel tapped gently between agitator shaft and spin tub tabs will bring them back into correct position so as not to strip out the new drive block.