Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Maxofroi

Kenmore HE3 Washer

4 posts in this topic

Have a Kenmore HE 3, model 110.42832 that doesn't add enough water.

Had the Sears technicians come out and changed the pressure sensor on the unit but that didn't correct problem... have been told that this is a common problem when you put the washer on the optional pedistal, which I have.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The pedistal has nothing to do with it...

When I worked for Sears I was the 'Train the Trainer' and the HE3 washers is what I had to train thier tecs to work on... Trust me, the pedistal has nothing to do with it....

Water inlet valve, water sensor or bad connection at board...

Are there any error messages?

Yeah it has to come up with an error ....   I dont care if ya put the unit on a mountain it has nothing to do with a fill issue ... and iff you get error codes are there more then one    are you getting I think its a FH???

A much more common problem is the water fill valve. Replacing this valve has fixed many odd and recurring problems.

Also, use only HE type detergent. Yes, I said ONLY. Pay no attention to the salesman or the manual. The factory is telling the service providers to tell the customer HE detergent only. Although the weasels in the stores, and those writing the manuals, say you can use regular soap at 1/2 the amount.