Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Calypso Model GVW9959KQ

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 clarks7

clarks7

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:21 PM

We recently started having problems with our washer, such as receiving error codes like LD and LF, wash running for 5 minutes without the water running through the wash.  The owners' manual is useless for troubleshooting.

We currently are experiencing the washing machine running in wash mode without the water running through the basin.  At the beginning of the wash you can see the water run through the detergent fill but that is it.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 SuperTec

SuperTec

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:46 PM

LF

Long Fill

If the water fill time exceeds ten minutes, the water valves are turned off and LF is flashed.

Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.

Low water pressure or screens in water hoses plugged can cause this. Along with faulty valve (which I doubt)...

Ld

Long Drain

Ld flashes if it takes longer than 5 minutes to pump out water to a point where the operating pressure switch resets.

Press STOP/CANCEL to clear the display.

Check you drain hose. Make sure it is not kinked...

Prices subject to change upon customers annoyance....

#3 clarks7

clarks7

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 03:53 PM

Thanks MasterTech. 

Pressed Cancel and checked hoses - no kinks.  Now what?  Do you think we need to run a diagnostic test that I see people have done?  If you so, how is done?

#4 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 07:00 AM

Generally with the LD   there is lots of lint or bra wires in the pump or also in the sump assembly...

To get to the pump you must lean the unit back and there are 3 5/16 screw remove the bottom panel and you will see the pump   on the right ....  Before opening the pump  these suckers always have alot of water in them    so prepare  .... take the pump off and make sure nothing is in it and with a flashlight look into the sump assembly at the back of the washer .... It kinda clear   look in there and check for any lint and other items... With these washer lots of problems are caused by the soaps you are only supposed to use HE detergents  ( tide wisk they make em ) and you use no more that 1/4 of a cap  because the unit use very little water  .....Full cap is for 50 gallons of water  remember that   you dont use 50 gallons on a fill...   when you pull the pump out  check and make sure that that rubber wheel in the pump turns rather smooth ... If anything is in there CHANGE the pump   just dont clean it   those washer are touchy with that pump   ... whirlpool aslo came out with a new Motor and Pump assembly

If you find the pump and sump appear to be clear the unit may also have to be accesed from the top under the nutate dome and under the basket because sometimes the bra wires hold the plastic balls in there for the recirulate and drain modes causing these errors   ....

Before you go thru the top ya might want to call someone in    they also redesigned the Universal ( U- Joint  ) on that unit also  ....   And make sure that the grey seal around the Nutate dome ( agitator to common folk ) has a tight seal... Thats another indicator the the u joint is bad and lint and other items are in the sump and or pump  ....Best of luck

TO all Master   the caly machine control is redsigned and when you go to install the new board there is no connector for the recirc pres switch     Just Leave it OFF     Most of the boards dont come with directions so dont send the board back thinking you have the wrong part  ....  Thanks FSP for the info  LOL

#5 SuperTec

SuperTec

Ikkō-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 02:49 PM

I see I am not the only that learned that the hard way... lol
Prices subject to change upon customers annoyance....

#6 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

The hard way LMAO ... That machine I tell ya....... it seemed like it did something different everytime I was on one ...  Now  its like .....do I really have to take this thing apart again ... Damn ... helpful hints I'll post in the Dojo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics