Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid gas dryer runs, no heat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff K

Jeff K

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 05:50 AM

Kitchen aid gas dryer (Whirlpool style, KGYE677BWH3) runs with no heat.  Checked out the diagnostic pages, but still can't diagnose.  Igniter doesn't glow, gas doesn’t come on.  T-stats/fuses, igniter, coils, radiant sensor all show continuity.  One thing I observed is that on a couple test runs, the dryer would heat up okay on 1st try (igniter glows, gas clicks on, fires up).  But after stopping and restarting, can't get heat back on (no glow, no gas click).  Any advise?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 31 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

Retest the dryer this way ....

Pull vent off

Pull bottom panel down so you can see the burner assembly

Put the dryer on TIMED DRY 50 Minutes and start dryer

Now what's supposed to happen  you should see the ignitor glow  and then a click and the gas should come   ....If it does good let it run and heat up and then it should cycle back off again ... and then repeat the same thing over

Now  however many cycles it takes if you see the ignitor glows again and it just fades to dark ........  just change the valve coils on the dryer.

If the heat never comes back on also check to 2 wires to the ignitor for voltage if you dont have 115 volts change the radiant sensor   sometimes the radiant sensors screw up and you will get 28 volts because the contacts on the radiant sensor are pitted.....

It actaully sounds like you have more of a valve coil issue  ... I dont get that many t-stats that are intermittent...  So start with this and see how you make out first

#3 Jeff K

Jeff K

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

Checked the radiant sensor and it was only hitting 28 V. Switched it out and now its working fine. Thanks a lot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics