Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool washer nightmare

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wat704

wat704

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:42 AM

I have a whirlpool model #GSX9885JQ0. It has the electronic display. From time to time it fills but will not agitate. I have replaced the motor and control board. This is a problem which pops up evry now and then and has been getting worse recently. If I manually drain the tub and restart the machine sometimes this will let the machine work correctly. I caught it when it stopped and you could hear the motor humming as if it were in a bind then clicked as if the overload kicked in. I can't figure out why this only happens intermitently.

I have also recently replaced the drive coupler. To much money in it to turn back now.

Send the ninjas quick!!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:08 AM

Check the wiring to the motor, there are known issues with problems in the wiring harness to the motor, could be where the harness plugs onto the motor.  Also check the start capacitor, either mounted on the motor or in the console, the round black plastic thing with 2 wires going to it, if it is going bad the motor will not start. YOu might need to get you a volt stick and see where you are losing your voltage to the motor when it does this humm/click, would have to run it with the case off to do this tho, with the lid switch harness jumped.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 wat704

wat704

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:43 AM

The ninjas strike again. I pulled the washer apart and properly troubleshot the wiring harness. There was a loose connection on the bottom red wire going into the motor.

Thanks!!

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:08 AM

Quite welcome, glad this was so easy to find....;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 AppGuy

AppGuy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:21 PM

This is a common problem with the whirlpool direct drive washers.  I keep a few old connectors on hand for fixing this problem.  Almost as common as agitator dogs going out :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics