Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore S X S 10653606201 air diffuser again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 paschal_old

paschal_old

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 08:48 AM

Well, using the stick pen in the louver worked for a couple of days but this morning had no air flow. Thinking the duct had an ice blockage, opened the doors with the breaker off to let it warm up for two hours with a large fan running in front of it. There was a little water around the louver which I dried up. Kicked the breaker back on, but no air flow by slapping the unit or otherwise. Air flow still good in freezer. Powered back off. Thought my best bet would be to remove the unit. Took out the two screws in the diagram which exposed the wiring and allowed me to take the cover off. From there I am stuck. Is there a hinge to depress or another screw or screws I am missing? The unit resides inside of a block of styrofoam which I don't want to chance breaking. My thoughts were to take the unit out of the system and regulate the air flow with duct tape. By the way, I did add the thermistor to the order as suggested, but still looks as though I am at least a week or more away from getting parts. Both parts are backordered and I do not think it wise to replace one without the other anyway. Hate to have to go back to the ice chests if it can be avoided.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image

Apologies for the size of the pic - what you need to do is remove item 4, then you'll see the other side of the diffuser. There are four plastic "hooks" that snap in, you need to disengage these to let the diffuser slide out on the beer side.

Posted Image

See what I mean?

Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics