Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
AussieStudent

Fisher & Paykel Dish Drawer DD601v2

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! I have just worked out that my Fisher & Paykel DD has been using the main detergent holder only.

This causes the main detergent to be used up in the pre-wash leaving none left for the main cycle. I suspect its probably a jammed valve directing all the water to the main wash detergent holder and not the pre-wash holder during the pre-wash.

How do you get access to the inside of the DD? I think you’re meant to grip the locking tabs on the sides & pull them out, I tried that but I stop when I nearly broke the first tab I tried removing.

The repairman but can only schedule to come around in 2 weeks. Meanwhile any suggestion would be most welcome.

Let me also say this is an excellent site!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Turn the tabs so the inner ridge is verticle.  Then, using the pliers on the Leatherman Wave (works the best) carefully and steadily tug the pin out on each side.  Once the pins are out, the front panel swings out from the bottom and then pulls down to unhook from the top.  There you are.