Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

kenmore washer 90 series

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cuzz68

cuzz68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

> i have a kenmore washer and i have leveled it, several times because sears keeps saying that's my problem. When the washer is in the spin cycle the tub bags against the sides of the washer. It normally would just do it when a load get out of wack but now it does it every time the spin cycle come on please help
> thanks in advance

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 August 2005 - 09:38 AM

Model number???   Belt driven or direct drive?  Need more information please.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 01:07 PM

If its a newer model you can have a suspension spring off on the side of the tub or also the thin small spring towards the back...  Its not that common that the units have problems with what they call a skate plate or the suspension pads .... check all the springs that mount around the tub first   there are 3  ... and then check the skinny spring toward the back   if all those are intact then you may want a fix for the skate plate and pads  ... Whirlpool advises against this but you can sand the skate plate and the pads with some rough sand paper and then wipe off with a paper towel with windex on it   ....  basically if ya just sand the front two your good the pads are light brownish in color and sit under the triange  (generally dark brown plate)........

If the unit is very old then what you are looking for is what the call a snubber and plate issue    .... for that pop the top and you will see that at about 2 o' clock    .... you can pull the light brown snubber pad out of the tension bar   (sometimes there white also )     and take it outside and rough it up on the concrete and sand the  metal pad that its sits on .....  

I dont know what model ya have so Im covering the old and the new ...to some extent ....

Also if the unit is on the wood floor that can be an issue  ... if the dryer starts shaking in the room next to it many times its just a floor issue   and not your unit   .....

On rare cases on newer models there is also a problem in the tub ring   it contains basically water and if its cracxked its a problem because its a tub balance ring ,,,,,

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 01 August 2005 - 03:36 PM

What kind of floor is it setting on?
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 cuzz68

cuzz68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

kenmore 90 series 110.26912690 sitting on a porcelin tile floor

#6 cuzz68

cuzz68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

kenmore 90 series 110.26912690 sitting on a porcelin tile floor

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:17 AM

Try putting them on some of the anti-slide things made for washers and dryers, they will prevent them from walking across smooth surfaces, this may be your problem, the slick floor. I have read this solved the problems on the Maytag washers that would walk across the room.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 Mad Mac

Mad Mac

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 06:36 AM

I've had this on a tiled floor too, solution was one of the thin exercise mats like you'd put under a treadmill.
Mad Mac....Pray to God he's out there....somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics