Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
kaos02

Whirlpool LSR8233EQ

8 posts in this topic

I have read similar posts, unsure if you want another or not........

If you do , then here we go:

Whirlpool LSR8233EQ whether it is eq0 or eq1 i do not know.

Fills fine,agitates fine, drains fine but it will not spin (i can hear motor hum) unless i lift and close the lid, getting too much exercise running back to the washer twice for every load. Unsure on how to narrow the culprit down ie; tranny , gear , drive block etc. etc.

reply or email to freak_train69@yahoo.com

Thanks for any info,

Rob

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I'd have a look at this, we've been beating this subject to death!

Would this cause a problem ? If so what are they and can i get them off your site?

On the motor mount it has only one black bushing and looks like three are missing.(see pic)

motor_plate.jpg

Thanks,

Rob

00016230.jpg

The very item, called a grommet. Whirlpool part number 62691. Certainly not helping your cause with only one there.

Kaos02, see if the timer is pausing 2 times after the agitate cycle, the timer has to pause for the washer to go into drain, then has to pause a second time for the washer to start the spin, watch to see if it is pausing once or twice, if only one time this could be a problem with the timer.

First off (bangs head with hammer) the other three were still on the pins on the back of the motor.

Second; i am doing a load as we speak will check for two pauses.

Thisd; The motor coupler looks almost new :X.

Will keep trying.

Thanks anyways,

Rob

Hard to tell for sure but it sounds as if it begins to drain at the same time it starts to spin.

Is there any way to tell for sure?

Rob

HUmmm, the original direct drive washers were direct into drain, they spun and drained at the same time, only one pause.  Then they came out with the neutral drain around 1985 so they could drain then spin after emoty to take the load off of the motor and tranny.   Your washer should agitate, then go dead, then drain, then go dead then spin. There should be a 2 second pause before drain and after drain.