Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Alias Kenmore icemaker

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Ginger ale

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:08 PM

"Thou shalt not offer up the excuse that the manufacturer's tag could not be located on the appliance; yea verily, this is bullsheist that doth stinketh in my nostrils."

The icemaker on my ancient "Kenmore" side-by-side will not shut off. Verily, our freezer runneth over.

While searching for the model number - which I haven't found YET, have mercy, and a little clue where that sonofagun is would be most gracious of the master - I did find the Modular Icemaker Service Sheet Part No. 628107-B.

Don't tell me, let me guess - that's the part number for the service sheet itself, right?

Enlightened one, I searched the back of the unit, and I removed the grille under the doors, breaking the left clip in my singleminded diligence. Where is that tag?

Anyway, it makes crescent cubes, lots and lots of them, and has a wire shut off arm.

First, do no harm.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:11 PM

Also, Service & Wiring Sheet No. 1127539-J.

Am I getting warmer?

First, do no harm.

#3 SuperTec

SuperTec

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

remove the toe panel (kick plate) and look for a silver and black plate ribboted to the frame of the refrigerator...

Question. Is the ice maker arm going around the entire time? If not, chances are you have a water valve that is stuck open...

Prices subject to change upon customers annoyance....

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:47 PM

If this is an older SxS look down above the toe panel by the hinge of the food side door where the bottom door gasket would hit the frig.  If not there look inside the food compartment on the side walls. This would be most likely a Whirlpool, G.E., Frigidaire, or Amana made box.  If the ice maker will not shut off, just keeps spitting out those ice cubes sounds like either the on/off arm is not in the head properly or the on/off switch in the head of the ice maker is stuck in the on position.  This is good!!!  Is summer!!!  Bag that cold gold and sell the heck out of it!!  LOL  If the ice maker will not shut off by raising the on-off arm might want to pull the ice maker and look inside of the head to see what is not happening with the on/off switch.  If this is the modular ice maker, has one large white gear on the head that says  "do not rotate maually" is common for the on/off arm to get knocked back out of the holder in the head and the ice maker will just keep making ice till it opens the freezer door and here they start spilling onto the floor, this is a true happening.  One of our customers came home from vacation to find just this mess. See if you can wiggle the arm forward into the ice maker head arm assy. to see if it will activate the on/off swirch. If not you will be replacing the head or the whole ice maker.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 jb8103

jb8103

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:30 PM

Thanks, my friends. I went for Pegi's suggestion and wiggled the wire thingie. Plunk, it re-engaged. A matter of a sixteenth of an inch. It felt OK if I just flipped it up and down, but moving it axially did the trick.
First, do no harm.

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:45 PM

Cool, this arm gets pushed back in the holder and cannot activate the on/off switch and there we go with cubes to bag and sell......thanks for letting us know this fixed the problem.  ;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics