Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hotpoint Large Capacity Dryer won't heat.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 waltbush

waltbush

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 04:45 PM

Big problem. No, I could live without the dryer heating, but my wife can't. That's my problem. The Hotpoint dryer's problem is there is no heat being generated although the blower is working well. I guess I should check the thermal fuse (if there is one), and look to see if anything is happening with the ignition system (nothing looking from the back end). However, how do I remove the panels to look inside?

Walt Bush

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 waltbush

waltbush

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

Wow! I may have answered my own question. I found the link to "taking a dryer apart." I'll get back after I've looked inside. Anyone else, here's the link http://fixitnow.com/...disassembly.htm

Walt:D

#3 waltbush

waltbush

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:55 PM

OK, I removed the top and front panels. I found some lint, about a fist full in the air channel just in front of the blower, removed it and put everything back. No luck. It still won't heat. I did look for a thermal fuse but can't see very well with the drum in place. Also, I can't see whether the igniter is working very well without removing the drum. Looking through the back access panel and with the lights out,I could see no illumination from the igniter (drum not removed). I don't know if this is good enough to see the igniter in action. Is my next step to remove the drum or have I seen enough?

With appreciation for your help,

Walt

#4 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:28 AM

Hello, my fist-full of friend. I read where you had stumbled upon one of the many pearls of wisdom cast before the heaving masses by our exalted and vain-glorious leader, Samurai Appliance Repair Man. Perhaps I could help you to further help yourself by directing you to other pearls from the Samurai. Would you like that? Very well.

Begin with the general dryer diagnostic page. After carefully considering the wisdom contained therein, proceed to the gas dryer diagnostic page. To help you test the various parts, I refer you to the electrical measurement instruction page.

Allahu Akbar!

#5 waltbush

waltbush

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:50 AM

Dear Ayatollah.
I bow to your superior knowledge and shall do as you command. I doubt that I would ever be able to reach the exalted heights of appliance fixology that you have attained but I shall forever remain just a simple servant in your service and will, to the end of my days, extol your virtue of compassion for those of us of lesser abilities.
With palms together,
Walt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics