Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shane

shane

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:25 PM

Anyone testing the beta version? From what I'm reading and seeing online its going to be worth the switch from vista or xp.  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Swinada

Swinada

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

I am running it on a couple older machines that VISTA would never have run on. So far I am very impressed, I just hope MS does not mutulate the OS before it actualy goes on the shelves.
The only problem I had so far was or is, when i plugged my MP3 player in to a USB port I lost all USB ports, they still show up in the Device manger as functioning properly however they dont work, and that after many reboots.
But I'm sure we'll find a solution for that.
I never upgraded to VISTA but I think I will when 7 is released.

#3 shane

shane

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

Thanks...I'm not a beta tester but kinda look forward moving from vista to 7 when it does hit the shelves. Your right lets hope Micro$oft doesn't mangle things up to bad until the first service pack at least.

#4 cyauch

cyauch

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:27 PM

Been using it since January, and loving it! Tried Vista on a store bought PC last year, hated it. Lasted all of day then fdisked and installed XP. Installed 7 on same machine and can't wait till RTM version. Only problem I have had so far is trying to use my DOD CAC Card and reader.

#5 csebes

csebes

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 07:23 PM

I'm a Mac user and have to say that I'm liking Windows 7. I have it running on an infrequently-used PC, but I do enjoy it.

#6 freedomfighter_87

freedomfighter_87

Unsui

• Apprentice
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:53 PM

Windows 7 is definately a step up from Vista, in my own experiences. The beta is actually quite stable, save for a few bugs here and there. I like the overall feel of the GUI better than Vista. I have no idea though, if the final release will support hardware based sound. They disabled hardware sound in Vista, effectively rendering all of the fancy onboard DSP sound cards useless, forcing us to use onboard legecy sound. Oh yeah and DRM for everyone!

Anyway, from what I have observed, Windows 7 seems to be easier on system resources than Vista. Sometimes I swear I might as well have been running 1000 instances of internet explorer because of Vista's gluttonous consumption of resources. There I go again. I hate you Vista. And if I had the chance I'd pimp slap Bill Gates till he bled for be being such a greedy monopolistic SOB. "Hey guess what? You can't have DX10 unless you spend a ridiculous amount of money on our piss poor operating system!"

Steve Jobs got the right idea finally, even though we had to twist his arm and give him a noogie to make him remove DRM from iTunes.

In all seriousness though, I do believe that Windows 7 will be a step in the right direction for Microsoft. I am just dreading what the sticker price will be.

Moral of the story? Use Linux. Its free....... and penguins are so freaking cool.

#7 pmik

pmik

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

Using Windows 7 since March.
It has becomemy main system at work [ I administer a small towns network,XPPro except for me!]and I have found the beta very nice!
I use Vista Business at home for nearly 2 years,never a problem, but even as a pre release I am impressed with Windows 7.
Many manufacturers are offering free or cheap upgrades to Windows 7 if you by a Vista system now...check into it!
-Patrick
www.tahoecomputech.com

#8 contact_markm

contact_markm

IkkĊ-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

I have used the beta and now the final release. It is a nice os. Better than vista, similiar to xp, but updated. I hated vista and stuck to xp.

I am running 7 on a netbook. It is as fast as xp.

I would say go for the upgrade if it is free, otherwise, wait until you next pc.

No need to avoid like vista.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics