Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Crown Series top load washer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helpagirlout

helpagirlout

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 06:54 PM

During a load of wash, I smelled burning rubber. Washer wasn't spinning. Took apart, saw slightly worn belt & replaced. Tested new belt, still no spin. I gave it a twirl, and it began to spin just fine. What part do I need to get it to START spinning? And how do I replace once I have the part? Lid lock seems to work fine.

Very much obliged,

HelpAGirlOut

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 02 August 2005 - 03:18 AM

Hello, my smelly friend. The symptoms you describe are consistent with having the belt tensioner pulley placed incorrectly. This would cause the belt to have insufficient tension to turn the transmission pulley from a dead stop. If you posted a photograph of your handiwork, I am certain that one of the many fine master appliantologists who frequent this venerable institution of higher learning would be pleased to review it for you.

Allahu Akbar!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics