Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Range Touchpad Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oconnor2005

oconnor2005

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

We've got a GE electric range model JB600G0D4AD with a glass(?) control panel.  Earlier this evening it suddenly decided not to work properly.  The clock "button" controls work but none of the oven control "buttons" work.  The burners work.  I unplugged the unit for 5 minutes to see if there was some sort of reset.  None of the "buttons" look damaged nor is the panel glass scratched.

Any ideas of what I can check?  I can't seem to find much info other than the panel has some sort of "crystal" thing.

Thanks!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,155 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:32 AM

The problem is either the touch panel or the ERC board. There are two good tests for determining which is the problem. One is to ohm out the touch pad matrix, especially on the keypad functions that are inop. The other it to do a live test where you look for 120v on the bake relay. Post your wiring diagram or fax it to me if you need help reading it: 775-416-4449.

#3 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 02:21 PM

I sense an F7 approaching.  Couldn't hurt to leave it unplugged all night and try it again in the morning.   Then leave it plugged in plugged in all day after that to allow an error code if any to appear.    I have first hand knowledge that the glass touch pads F7 just like the plastic ones do.  The Samurai gives you good advice.   Always back up what the force tells you with a meter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics