Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Shaking Maytag Washer during spin cycles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 samboiam2000

samboiam2000

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:46 AM

I have a Maytag model n. LAT8426AAE that shakes during the spin cycle to the extent that it "walks" across the floor. Several repairmen have told us that our problem is the due to uneven legs and / or an unbalanced floor. However, the floor is perfectly balanced and we have adjusted the legs on numerous occasions, making sure that the machine is perfectly balanced. This causes me seriously question whether those are the actual problems.

Is there a bolt or a balencing mechanism within the washer that has come undone that might be a factor? Can you tell me how I can fix it at home?

I would appreciate any help you can give me to aleviate this problem. Thanks! :)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:14 AM

Have them examine the base of the washer, that holds the tub, for cracks in the legs, this is a known issue with Maytag washers.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:24 AM

If I was on this call  first I would make sure the lock nuts were tight on the legs, second I would check the damper pads on the base , but if you have had several repair technician's tell you the floor is the problem because it's not level and it's been scooting around on the floor check those rubber feet on the bottom of the legs, they should have nubs on the bottom and not smooth. make sure the washer is level and the legs are not all the way out like stiltes, except for the legs that have to be down to level the machine and make sure you tighten those lock nut's/, but my suspicions still suspect those damper pads. Also check those base support brackets that hold the tub and make sure they are tight.  O. K. Pegi your turn ,:Dsome pictures would probably help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics