Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Hotpoint Frig CSF22MW Not Working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 hotpointfrigowner

hotpointfrigowner

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:58 PM

I have a Hotpoint Frig CSF22MW.  We have had very hot weather lately.  Three weeks ago my frig was not longer cooling.  I emptied it and turned it off for 24 hours.  I turned it back on and it worked.  Two weeks later it happened again and I turned it off for 24 hours and again it worked when I turned it on.  Now two weeks later it is not cooling again.  What do you think is the problem and what are some other things I can do to fix the problem for good?Thanks for any help,Warm-Milk Guy

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 03 August 2005 - 06:06 PM

Sounds like you have a defrost problem, the evaperator coil in the freezer is getting clogged with ice, blocking air flow to the frig.  After defrosting the box it is cooling again till the ice builds up again behind the back wall of the freezer. Leave the frig running and remove everything from the freezer and remove the rear wall to see if the evaperator is clogged with ice, if so this can be repaired, just have to see if it is the defrost assy, bi-metal or defrost heater(s}.  Let us know if you do find the freezer coil clogged with frost.  Suggest looking at the defrost heater(s) under the evaperator coil first as these glass heaters are known to break often.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 hotpointfrigowner

hotpointfrigowner

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:07 PM

It looks like the coils are totally covered in slushy ice.  How do I know if the glass heaters are not working?  Should they be warm to the touch, or is there a switch that turns them on at some point?  What is my next step?Thanks for help,Warm-Milk guy

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:30 AM

The defrost heaters are turned on by the defrost timer thru the defrost termination thermostat at the top of the evaperator.  They would glow bright red if they are ok,  If broken will just stay dark.. You can remove the heater(s) and see if they are broken by looking at them or using your ohm meter to see if they check good.   Turn the timer to defrost and see if they come on while the freezer is still frozen.  If the be-mtal has warmed up over 60 degrees the heater will not come on.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics