Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Need Lennox part#'s

Budget Appliance Repair

Lennox Gas Furnace: Mod# GH19Q4/5-125 - Manufacture# 1158899208

Need Lennox part#'s - mainly for the blower motor 1/2 hp 3 speeds, (only 2 used High/Cool and Med/Heat)

And for the control board (Honeywell, ST9120B1005) - I've found replacements for this and don't really need the Lennox part # for this but would still like to have it for further research.

Any good sites to look up Lennox part# by model#, none of my normal sites seem to have Lennox references and haven't had much luck Googling, found the tech/service manual for the GH19's but no part breakdowns.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!!!!!

Pretty much sites I already found.   Got a quote from Cozy and they gave me part#'s that I thought where their priorty # but ended up being actual Lennox #'s but for the motor they said they have one, (price way to high), but  didn't give me any numbers on it.

The problem I'm having with every one of these sites is they pretty much don't do any search by model# all have to have part#.

Applianceman, sure have to agree, some crazy prices.  The control board retails from around $130 - $288 depending on where you go and what part# sub you use.  I was able to find a good sub at Sears for just about $110 which includes second day fast shipping($34.00), and tax using a 20% discount online coupon.  I can actually sale it at a fair markup and not gouge my customer with those crazy prices.

Now just have to find a reasonably priced motor sub, pulled it out of today and got all the specs.  I should be able to find something.

G.E. Motor: 5KCP39PGR142S 1/2 H.P. 3 speed

1075 rpm/ 120 volt/ 8.9 amps/ 1 phase/ 60 hz/ cap 15.0mf-370volt/ CW  rot from shaft end/ 5.5" belly mount/ 5.5" long body/

Shaft 1/2" x 3"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone know any specs on this motor, looks like possible a good sub but haven't been able to find enough info.

http://www.patriot-supply.com/products/showitem.cfm/33854

http://www.acfurnaceparts.com/search.aspx?find=76N17

http://www.hvacpartsshop.com/76n17--f7motor-firstcallgas-electricfau115v.aspx

Ebay store, real good deal and most info.

First Call Blower Motor - 76N17 - new in box, up to 4 speeds, 1/6 up to 1/2 HP

[align=left]Volts; 115

RPM; 1075/4 spd

HZ; 60

Thermal Prot; Auto

Shaft; 5" x 1/2" diam

Bearings; sleeve

Rotation; Reversable

Mounting; Stud Mount

Capacitor; Not Supplied  ------------ HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT CAP IT TAKES????

and if amp rating is close enough or does that mater as long as other, (speed/voltage), match?

[/align]

If it takes a 10 mfd cap to run it that dog will hunt. Any motor bigger would be way too much money and over sized. My opinion. Any HVAC store near you ought to have one and you ought to be able to get it cheaper than that since you are an appliance guy. Don't your local ap store offer motors for HVAC?

[user=4554]applianceman18007260692[/user] wrote:

That 8.9 amps is what you need to pay close attention to. The rest is pretty much standard at any HVAC store. A 63987 motor would probably do it Check this out:

http://www.cshincorporated.com/product_info.php/products_id/2635

When you say 8.9amps is what you need to pay close attention to, what exactly do you mean?  Is motor that runs at less amps but same HP ok, just don't want one where amps is higher since it will make total operation amps maybe over rated specs?

Most of the motors I found are less amps as are the ones you linked to.

I went with a Fasco D701 from Marcone since they had it in stock in the Fresno store which is only one day shipping to me and the matching need 10mfd370volt capacitor was also in stock for less then $2.00 -- $115.25 total and free shipping since my complete order was over $150.00, and they use Ontrac, (previously California Overnight), that gets it to me the next day.  It will be here today before 5pm.

As far as getting local, not really an option, I'm up here in Eureka, (28,000 pop.) and not really any big wholesale distributors up here that I use.  Tried once to get a blower motor from another servicer here once before and they wanted like $400 for the motor they where sourcing from Johnstone that had a wholesale price of around $110-$130 at the time, I just ordered from Johnstone myself and waited for it, (only took a couple extra days).

Thanks for the help.

Motors are not sized by amp draw, they are engineered to the unit based of fan speed, HP, and static pressure curves.  Be extremely careful with flopping in a generic motor in Lennox equipment.  There is a huge difference between working and working right.

Lennox has a long long history of doing things slightly different than industry standards.  In fact they have their own engineering section where they design their units in their own fashion and specify parts that ARE NOT run of the mill standard/generic in nature.  Lennox International tweaks mounting brackets, mounting holes, motor dimensions (case diameter, length, shaft length, capacitor ratings) so that only their OEM replacement parts will be a direct drop in.

In fact, I read your thread earlier and went to the Norcorss GA Lennox Distributor this morning to pick up a condensor fan motor/cap/blade assembly for my job.  I specifically asked and confirmed the information that I just related above.  Lennox has the industry presence to go to motor manufacturers like Emerson, GE, Fasco, et al, and tell them we want our motors THIS WAY and the manufacturers in fact retool and adjust their production lines for Lennox parts. 

This serves several purposes of which "Built in Brand Loyalty" and "High OEM Parts Costs" are two.  Distributors are not even allowed to adjust the sales price to Contractors - so we pay out the nose for the stuff the same way the consumer does.  We only pass the nose bleed onto the end user. 

You may get lucky with generic or Name Brand standard; however, you will most likely be screaming and cussing to get it in and working.  Chances are good that you will not get the same service out of the non-OEM.

I have no personal/professional interests, monies, or concerns in Lennox International.  This is just the straight up facts about Lennox that you do not know of or hear about until AFTER you own their equipment or you come to a no BS web forum like this one.  Buyer beware.

Best of luck.

Makes ya wanna run right out and buy a good old Lennox fer yer home don't it? Atta boy dave! I was thinking the 8.9 amp draw was high because this is a suck ass under efficient overpriced motor and the fact that they are so secretive about their products makes me leary. The fact that it is a GE motor ought to give you a clue. Ge typically has a higher amp draw in their fractional HP motors. When I was selling motors we looked at all aspects and came to the conclusion with experience that amp draw is important on most applications EXCEPT when replacing GE motors.

Well, I received the D701 motor from Marcone on Thursday, went to install it in the blower housing on Friday.   Pulled new motor out of box and can't turn rotor by hand!!!!!! CRAPPPPPPP!!!

You should be able to turn a new motor by hand shouldn't you?????  It will turn if you put a wench on the shaft, but it feels way to tight to startup.  From my experience with the few blower motors I've installed, I believe they've always turned easily and not felt bound up like this one.

Any ideas, I think it time to call Marcone for a credit and part pickup on Monday!!!!

Yup you got the green wennie - it happens.  Yes the shaft should turn by hand.  That one will have to get returned.

You may want to see if it will actually fit in the mounting bracket for a test run on the fit.  No sense sending back one bad motor to get a good one that doesn't fit because Lennox engineered the unit to use only their stuff.  Just a thought.

[user=16896]dkpd1581[/user] wrote:

Yup you got the green wennie - it happens.  Yes the shaft should turn by hand.  That one will have to get returned."

Funny you should say that, is that what the little green dot sticker on the box meant, "It a green wennie" and they already knew it????? :P:P:P:P:P

You may want to see if it will actually fit in the mounting bracket for a test run on the fit.  No sense sending back one bad motor to get a good one that doesn't fit because Lennox engineered the unit to use only their stuff.  Just a thought.

No problem with the fit, I really didn't think there would be, it's just a standard belly ring mount, marked for 5.5" to 5.6" motor.

This is a 17 year old Lennox, were they doing there special parts only fit thing that long ago or is that a new thing for them?

Archived