Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
JRM

Maytag Neptune Washer Tub Bearing Replacement

4 posts in this topic

I have replaced many parts since 04/98.  Now the bearings are going out with a loud squeal and all I can be told by Maytag is get a new outer tub assly. for $199.95.  If the bearings can't be replaced this is the end of the line for this washer.  Maytag did work on mold problem, but no help with power board, water pump, drain hose, & bleach, softner assly.

Can they be replaced?  If so where can I get them?  Any tricks to the job?

Washes clothes great but the repairs---Maytag Naptune:poison:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/249657.html

Some info on the individual bearings.

http://beesmart-ezway.com/index.htm

I've heard great things about these people. Bob Bowley, the owner, is evidently more than happy to give assistance over the phone. He does a kit including the bearings, seal and insertion/removal tools for $135 - it also includes a 14 page instruction booklet.

I always had to change the outer tub its a nightmare and it takes a long time  .... I cant see anyway that that bearing comes out but if it does I want to know how ... and really soon ....... Has anyone else tried this method on a maytag front loader ???? That would save a ton of work and money ...

I fully read that site   amazing ... Mad Mac thanks