Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Model FRS26ZRG Bypass Puresource Filter?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 webfamily

webfamily

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

Hi---I am going to install a separate water pump Flot jet to supply bottled drinking water to my ice maker and water dispenser on this model.  Flow jet says the water filters need to be bypassed or the water pump will cycle too much due to the pressure drop.  Is there an easy way to bypass the puresource cartridge water filter in the refrigerator?  I see many make special plugs to bypass the filters etc., but is such an item made for the FRS26ZRG model or?  Many thanks for any help.

:D

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:05 PM

Should be in your users manual, need the rest of the model number to pull it up here.

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 webfamily

webfamily

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

Hi--the full model number is FRS26GRDW0 if that helps more...thanks.

#4 webfamily

webfamily

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:33 PM

If I could type I would get this right.  The correct model number is:

FRS26ZRGW0

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

It may be just remove the Filter from the Filter Cup, then try the Ice Maker & Water Dispenser.

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#6 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:40 PM

Not seeing anything, most likely down to just coupling the water lines that go into and out of the filter housing together somehow....:?

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,752 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

On that style you just unscrew the filter retainer cup, remove the fiter, and reinstall the retainer cup.

I know this because I thought there was a water shutoff pin that the filter contacts, (like the 8 track cartridge type filters), when I was changing a filter for a friend I pushed the water in door lever and water just poured out into refrig.  Luckly I noticed it right away and only had a little water on top shelf, not a flood.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#8 webfamily

webfamily

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

Many thanks for all the help.  I like the simple solutions the best...Much appreciated!

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics