LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Amana 80 SSE air command gas furnace

applianceman18007260692

Control board gives 3 blinks. Service manual says draft inducer blows constantly and pressure switch stuck open. One problem, the draft inducer motor does not run. It has continuity and turns freely.  All the rollouts and the plenum limit is good. The fuse in the board checks good.  Model GUICO70FA30 It is my 81 year old mother's furnace. It is 3 years old and barely out of warranty. What have I missed guys? It it the control board?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first  did you check at the motor connector for 110v when you think the motor should be running ?  do you hear a relay click on the board when you power it up ?  did you remove the board and check for a bad or melted sloder connection  ?  you may have a bad relay on the board , missing ground ( common) on the board or motor .  if everthing checks out  you need a board , it does not happen that offten but it  happens  .  no magic bullet here

Thanks cactus.The relay clicks when you turn the heater on but the DI never fires up which is what you hear when the sytem fires up. We had a bad storm system go through here friday night. Lightning struck the transformer down the street that affects the 4 houses down from mom's. Power went out the instant it hit. But the heater was not on at the time and we had no other things goes out. And she has had intermittant problems with it since mid march.

sounds like a bad solder connection to me .  if not its the relay contacts  . unless your like me and "recycle" good relays from every old board you can . you will need a board

Why don't you hook a test cord up to just the draft inducer motor to make sure it is good and rule it out as a problem.

Even if the heater wasn't on when the pole transformer got hit it could still have taken something out on the board.  Usually it's the 24volt transformer and/or varistor but if you get the flashing trouble light I would think the 24volt transformer should be still ok.

No power to the DI. Board ordered.I will let yall know.

Board replaced. Heater working. Mom's happy.

Archived