Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Artica cannot reset water filter

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 caprince

caprince

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:03 PM

I cannot seem to reset my water filter on my GE Profile Artica model PSS25SGNABS.  I have read throught the service manual on this site.  You are susposed to hold the reset water filter  button for 3 seconds and it should turn green.  Instead it acts like the FreshSaver filter that I do not have.  See page 11 of the service manual.  You hold the reset water filter button for 3 seconds it blinks red while holding then stays red for 3 seconds and goes out.  I have unplugged the unit for 30 seconds and have done a system reset using code 15 twice as per page 34.

;)

Any suggestions

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 01:51 PM

Try holding the button longer, like 30 seconds or so.  If that doesn't work try it again several times.  Allow at least a few seconds between tries.   I have to do the same with my high tech artica diagnostic aid sometimes.

#3 caprince

caprince

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 03:47 PM

I have tried holding the rest button longer.  No luck.  Now that I look at the whole operation, I am finding other problems.  The express thaw 3 lb light is always on.  I can set the express chill or defrost, but the express thaw 3 lb light comes back on, but is not thawing.  The fans are not on.  If I set the express chill for 15 minutes or express thaw for 2 lbs, everything seems to work but the express thaw 3 lb light comes on.

Is there some major reset for the brain/CPU?  Where is the main brain/ CPU?

#4 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:02 PM

You need to relax your mind and become one with the force.   Open the fresh food door.  Press the colder warmer buttons for the freezer and the fresh food sides at the same time.  You will need four fingers to do this.  Remember the breath.  You will hear beeping and eventually you should see a 0 appear in both displays.  You may have to use the technique I described earlier.   Use the warmer colder buttons to change the zeros to a 1 on the left and a 6 on the right.  Now that you have a 1 and a 6 displayed hit the express thaw button.  This will cause the system reset you desire.

#5 caprince

caprince

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 04:12 PM

I tried that. Are you sure you did not mean 15 instead of 16?  I did both.  16 did not respond.  16 blacked out the display and did not return unitll I closed/opened the door.  15 took a moment or two and reset the the fridge.  Still having same problem.

#6 Jedi Appliance Guy

Jedi Appliance Guy

Senpai

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:01 PM

1 and 5 cause a reset.  1 and 6 reset and exit diagnostic mode.  I usually use 1 and 6.  If I were at your house with my tools and meters in my hands I could easily spend an hour or more diagnosing your problem.  I have seen problems such as your clear up by themselves while a part was on order more than twice.   Let the force and that "manual?" be your guide.

#7 caprince

caprince

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:31 PM

Actually I think the water filter reset is working correctly.  I went to Home Depot and their unit did the same.  I don't think it goes green.  Just orange at 90% and red at 100%.  So any ideas on the 3lb express thaw light that is alwasy on, even when I am express chilling?

:huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics