Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

edstan

maytag gas oven not working

5 posts in this topic

hi,  i'm having a problem with my maytag oven.  it's not getting any gas when i turn the temp. up.  anyway i took the bottom cover off and realized the gas wasn't coming through, so i tapped on the pressure regulator with a hammer.  the gas came through and the oven lighted.  so i ordered a new regulator, installed it but it's doing the same thing.  strange thing is when i use the left side of the surface burner the oven will light then.  is this a thermostat problem?  if so where is it?  appreciate any help.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

ok i looked at that link , very insightful.  now you know i said i cannot hear the gas.  only when i tap around the regulator does the gas come through and the oven lights.  but i did try to measure the amps from the ignitor as shown on the chart and it measured 0.  so think it's a bad ignitor?

forgot to mention the broiler works but not the oven.

I would replace the ignitor and stop wacking the gas valve with that hammer unless you have lots of medical insurance. :shock: