Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

neehowhenhow

LG WM1814CW

57 posts in this topic

and i resurrect this sucka again!

Now my happy little washer decided to stop spinning. No funny smells or anything. The display says "LE" and it will run, water will come in, and the drum will consider moving, but then changes its mind. and I hear this high pitched sound, like it wants to go, but cannot. Help!

thanks!

aj

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

LE fault indicates problem with the rotor positioning sensor (hall sensor) or the motor stator.  Check resistance of hall sensor from pin 5 to pin 1 and pin 2.  If sensor is good should read 10k ohms from pin 5 to pin 1 and 10k ohms from pin 5 to pin 2.  If either test shows open circuit, sensor is bad.  The high pitched sound concerns me though.

1 person likes this

okay. well, aint got no ohm thing. got to get one.

if its the sensor, how easy is it to replace?

I hear this high pitched sound, like it wants to go, but cannot. Help!

Welcome back, neehow!  Nice to see you again.   :smile:

Remove the back panel from the washer and tighten the center mounting bolt in the back of the drum to cinch up the rotor to the drum splines. If the bolt was loose and the noise continues, then the splined cylinder in the rotor is stripped and you need to replace the rotor assembly.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Assembly/4413ER1001C/1267509

Edited by Samurai Appliance Repair Man
1 person likes this

Konichiwa Grand Masters! Of course, being the all-powerful mamasan of my personal dojo- I make my own laundry soap...cuz that's how I roll. :turned:

I will take a look at the things you mentoned, well the Boss will actually and i'll report asap.

thanks

aj

Making you own soap is okay, only if you see absolutely zero suds inside. Those drain pumps are great at pumping water but terrible at pumping air.

my soap lacks suds, thankfully! I ordered the part- just in case... and HOH will take a look tonight. meanwhile off to the laundrymat with the crew! so fun!!

Howdy again- I have the part in hand, and DH is outta town- so it is me fixing this baby. I will check the bolt in the back, but I have to ask...forgive my dinginess- where the eff is this little sensor located? I am searching the manual, and cannot find it! Help!

thanks

aj

gallery_2247_49_135564.jpg

2 people like this

I AM VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:  :rocker: :rocker:  :rocker:  

thanks for the post of info,  I also googled the part and found a video of the thingy- I am washing a load of laundry right now! My 4 girls helped and watched. It took all of about 10 minutes! No noise, and she spins like a whirrling dervish!

Yay Me! I am the queen of my castle!

Thanks guys for the troubleshooting- I can only imagine how much this would have cost me to call a tech in!

DRINKS

ON ME! :dazzler:

2 people like this

Congrats on the fix, neehow!  

BOOJAH!  

surfers.gif

aaaah!  this POS washer again. Whenever I put on the hot water, to wash some clothing- the sukkah makes this horrible crazy squealing screeching sound from the water hose coming in, or at least the back of it. Perhaps the machine itself!  It just started doing this a few weeks ago. DH thinks it is cavitating (not sure what that is). Oh something else! Any thoughts?

No sound on "tap cold" wash/rinse which is what I usually do-but the whites get hot water, my mama dun told me...

thanks for the help!

aj

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5220FR2006H/1268123?modelNumber=WM1814CW

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5221ER1003A/1268130?modelNumber=WM1814CW

Verify that the Hot and Cold Water Hoses are NOT the aftermarket stainless steel "FloodCheck/FloodSafe" hoses (malfunctions frequently)

1 person likes this

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5220FR2006H/1268123?modelNumber=WM1814CW

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/5221ER1003A/1268130?modelNumber=WM1814CW

Verify that the Hot and Cold Water Hoses are NOT the aftermarket stainless steel "FloodCheck/FloodSafe" hoses (malfunctions frequently)

How would I know if I have the bad parts?

Thanks!

Press and hold the SPIN SPEED and SOIL LEVEL buttons

Press the POWER button and release all three buttons

Wait for the door to lock (single "click" sound)

Press the START/PAUSE button 6 times (at one second intervals) this will be the TEST MODE for the Hot Water Valve.

Noisy? Replace the Hot Water Valve.

Better yet---replace both the Hot and Cold Water Valves---to ensure continued reliability.

2 people like this

ok- will do the test asap.

dankeschone!

New update and request on this blasted machine. Now it sounds like a bearing is loose, or something has gone awry with this beast. It runs, and everytime it spins, it makes this God-awful wrirrling sound. loud as ever and frightening! Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks so much for your input!

Aj

Now it doesn't drain, and we got an error code "LE". My clothes are soaked. Any thoughts? Thank you Aj

So I just reread thru this thread. Perhaps it's the rotor I replaced in 2013? thanks for your help:)

That would be the first thing I would check

Ok, so we got the rotor thingy taken apart and there is a lot of dark brown(chocolate colored) dried splatter all over. I will try to upload a few photos. This is the problem, as when we spin it by hand, it makes that sound.

Darned photos too big! Ok on the rotor, the magnetic rectangles that surround it look terribly worn out.