LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

GE Spacemaker Microwave JVM1631CJ001

JKwikFix

My microwave door frame has slowly been cracking over time and is now in need of replacement. I have ordered a replacement frame - could you post the service manual so I can see how to remove the existing door? No visible screws so I am wondering if the microwave needs to be unmounted from over the stove for this repair?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JKwikFix

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, this looks very helpful. To remove door it mentions the following:

1. Remove power, top grille and short out capacitor

Can you send any parts of the manual that show what they mean about removing the short out cap? (And for power I am assuming they mean to unplug the unit)

Much thanks!!

[user=49429]JKwikFix[/user] wrote:

... short out capacitor...

not to remove it, but to short it out (discharge the high-voltage capacitor)

If you don't know about high voltage in a microwave, better to have some who knows... :spaz:

After I posted I realized they meant to short out the cap, my problem is not knowing where the capacitor is located, if the service manual covers basic steps like these along with a diagram of where the capacitor is located I can take care of it. Is there a complete service manual for this series of microwave?

Thanks very much, I like the amount of effort you guys have put into this website.