Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
littlebit412

Dishwasher problem, still soap

7 posts in this topic

Dishwasher FDB636GFR4, This thing will seem to work like it should when started, when I go in, it is on the final rinse cycle and soap has not all dissolved. Just stops, like it is done. I rinse the dishes before I put them in because I am mostly by myself and don't run it for a few days. I have read somewhere that I should not use soap pucks, which I did try once. Don't know if that would make a difference. Dishes sometimes have a grit like substance on them also. What can I do?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I am posting this for my mom, since I found this website for my fridge. She brought up her dishwasher and thought you might be able to help.

Possible not enough water in the dishwasher to dissolve the soap and clean the dishes,  make sure there is enough in there after it has filled to reach the element, if not the fill valve might be going bad.  Also need about 140 degrees going in to make sure the unit cleans ok, but check that water level .

I will have her check it when she gets home from work and get back to you. Thanks!

Quite welcome.

Well, she checked and sure enough not filling to the element. Where is the fill valve located and what do I need to install it?

Reference #3 in this drawing, behind the bottom toe panels....might want to be sure there is good water flow to this valve before replacing it also...

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0130000&brandID=1428&modelDesc=FRIGIDAIRE%2024%22%20BUILT-IN%20DISHWASHER%20-%205995301354&modelNumber=FDB636GFR4&documentID=Y2704531&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PV&titleType=FRAME&titleID=00006&