Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dacor model ERD36

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 victaa1

victaa1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

I have a Dacor Model ERD36 Epicure Range. I spilled some water on the cooking surface and the convection fan came on and cycled on and off for several minutes then stopped. The next day I was not able to open the oven door. I pressed the "cancel/secure" button several times and still the door wouldn't open. No code problem appeared on its display panel. I also tried killing the power to the range in the hope it would reset, this didn't work either. Any suggestions out there?

Victaa1

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,913 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

It's probably a ERC but to confirm, you can do the ERC quick test:

Have a 2nd person at the circuit breaker turn off power. You press and hold the cooktime keypad. The other person turns the breaker back on. The display will show the 4-character ID code of the ERC (e.g., 1180). You have 30 seconds between each test.

Press and hold these keys on sequence:

convection bake
standard bake
pure convection
broil
convection broil
timer 2 (momentary push only)
stop time
clock

Finally, we arrive at the test we want:

Open the door, push and hold cook time for 10 seconds. Self clean latch motor will activate. Door latch will complete a cycle. The test will end the ERC will display the time of day.

Complete this test within 30 seconds or you'll get an F0 code (stuck keypad).

#3 victaa1

victaa1

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 06:02 PM

Thank you for your help. Our stove didn't have all of the buttons you listed for us to push, however, we did try the sequence with the buttons we did have and on the third or forth try the oven door latch opened!! Hopefully the problem is cured. Again, thank you.

Victaa1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics