Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Who here uses a cordless drill/driver for dissasembly/reassembly?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 04:50 PM

For the first 4 years I didn't but now that I use one I could never go back. It saves me so much time and strain on the wrist/hand. Craftsman makes a decent 12v that has a nice clutch and comes with two batteries, it also has a drill high speed setting in case you need it. One charge will last me all five days. Although it wouldn't work for all fields, for taking out 1/4 and 5/16 sheet metal screws its the cats meow.

What do all you guys use?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:55 PM

i use this
Posted Image

i always liked the idea of using an electric driver but didnt like any of them until i found this makita impact driver. i get about 3 weeks on a charge. Mine is about 3 years old now and still going strong, i have beat it up pretty hard too. I have a feeling its gonna die on me one of these days and i will be a little sad but wont hesitate to buy another one.
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#3 grey shrek

grey shrek

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

Had a small one when I was working full time - it died.. Now only 3 days a week (slowed down to 1 day) I will not be buying another for a while . Have a 18 volt in shed for puttering around hacienda. Plus , older guys need some wrist and hand exercise , not like the good old days... Had a Whirlpool school a few days ago  -  guess my 18 volt will be a ride a long  -  darn new kit for sport front load has some screws to try and hold the p.o.s. together , and a few other goodies to add.

#4 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:30 AM

I have 2 of the flexible Black&Decker 3.8 volts that I use. Handy as a pocket on a shirt.
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

#5 Poobah

Poobah

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:31 AM

Cost between 19.96 and 21.96 at Wally World.
This is the DAY that the LORD has made, REJOICE and be glad in it.....

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

On the suggestion of Sublime Master CG51, I started a new forum just for tools and made this the inaugural topic in The Tool Box. Great idea, CTG51!

#7 completeapplianceservice

completeapplianceservice

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:03 PM

heres mine, cant beat 2 lithium batts. charger and case for 79

Posted Image

#8 newways

newways

Unsui

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:58 PM

Don't forget your flexible extension.  Irreplaceable for those hard to reach screws.

Posted Image

#9 denrayr

denrayr

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:07 PM

[user=48830]newways[/user] wrote:

Don't forget your flexible extension.  Irreplaceable for those hard to reach screws.

Posted Image

those things can be a life saver, these are good too. i find it especially handy for the inner clamp on ge fl washer boots.

Posted Image
RedRock Appliance Service

435-773-7838

www.redrockrepair.com

Serving St George and Southern Utah

#10 Rocket Appliance

Rocket Appliance

Sōhei

• Scholar of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/TOMMYB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/TOMMYB%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg;)

#11 DrGoz

DrGoz

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

zI also use the black and decker 3.8 volt pistol grip drill as it fits in most appliances and it bends at the middle so you can get in tight places. I also have a black and decker Fittong box thta has all type of connections. Also I fit a magnet on top of that box with sticky velcro to keep up with my loose magnetic tools and also screws and other things that stick to magnets.

#12 atcherservice

atcherservice

Master of Monkeys

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 24 April 2009 - 02:54 PM

I use the Bosch 10.5v drill and Dewalt 7.5v drill both at Home Depot or Lowes about $100.00 they take a beating and last a long time

#13 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 25 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

I am currently contemplating a circa 2008 B&D model cordless keyless chuck drill that would put me back $15 from bullet Bob's pawn and pool down da street.

"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

#14 GuidofromCT

GuidofromCT

Ikkō-ikki

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:33 PM

I use the Hitachi db3dl- lite (about 1 lb), powerful for its size, batteries last at least 2 full days 8-10 calls a day and charge in about 20 minutes. Average cost around 75.00 but well worth the price. 2year full warranty and I have used it. 
Posted Image
yo, just do what ya gotta do!

#15 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 28 May 2009 - 05:50 PM

The only thing I really use mine for is for the rear panels on front load washers and refrigerator door gaskets, especially the old Norge style refrigerator door gaskets where you have to take the screws completely out of the inner door liners because the gaskets have screw holes.
Scott Wolf

#16 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:42 AM

I use a Craftsman 3.6 volt cordless screwdriver. Adjustable torque, nice light included, lightweight.

Attached Files

We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#17 shadow460

shadow460

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

I have a DeWalt 995K cordless drill that's ten years old. I generally use a 10 in 1, but when I had about 40 window AC's to tear down two years ago, the cordless drill was a lifesaver.
I always use it for bigger jobs. If I'm installing an air handler, that 995K will definitely get used.

#18 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:49 AM

I have a 19 volt crafstman impact driver ,won't leave home without it

#19 J5

J5

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 04:20 AM

i use this one

http://www.ryobi.com...CREWDRIVER.aspx

small and light weight great for the toolbox

heaps of torque , with torque settings so great for the screws going into plastic

quick connect hex bits, came with a set of bits as well

charge lasts a full week of hard work

#20 BearsFan4Eva

BearsFan4Eva

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:36 AM

[user=5883]Poobah[/user] wrote:

I have 2 of the flexible Black&Decker 3.8 volts that I use. Handy as a pocket on a shirt.

I also have 2 of these. They are small and fit easily in your tool box. I have a converter plugged into my van to keep it charged always. Once you use one of these you can never go back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics