Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
johnjohn

!

9 posts in this topic

Happened a few weeks ago so I unplugged it and took the back cover off. cleaned all the lint off and it worked fine until today. Same thing its turning on but not getting hot at all.  Where do I start

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Could be problems with the voltage to the dryer at the breaker box, be sure there is 240 volts to the dryer.  Then check the thermofuse on the side of the canister, if it is dead no heat.  Also check the safety thermostat, cyclling t-stat, heating element, also could be your heat selector switch or timer has bad contacts.  Start with the fuse on the canister and the element first tho.

Where is the fuse located. On the element itself? I see 2 different parts hooked into the element niether of which look like a fuse though.

[user=2618]johnjohn[/user] wrote:

Where is the fuse located.

See this page.

Thermo-cutout at the top of the canister, check this first, safety thermostat at the bottom and the element inside, suspect these 3 things first...

I checked the three for continuity and they are all good.  Is that what you mean when you say to check them. If not how do I test them. Also due to the fact that this same problem happened a few weeks back leads me to believe that it could be a bad connection somewhere.  Is this a possibility and what connection woudl cause this problem. Thanks

Update

I removed the cycling t-stat cleanit around it and put it back. Plugged the dryer in and turned it on, no heat. I gave the element a tap and it got hot. Does this mean the element is going.

Means you have a loose wire connection somewhere. Look for burnt or discolored wire insulation.

Your element coil could be broken and the ends touched when you hit the canister, should also pull the element from the canister to see if there might be a bad coil that is broken but touching on vibration??