Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

ohman

Maytag washer

3 posts in this topic

I have replaced belts on this wonderful Maytag top load washer but they seem loose. The old belts were glazed and I thought maybe it might be ok. I put through quite a heavy load and they came out wonderful and I thought I had it but not so. After the  machine has done more than one load it leaves water in the tub. I removed front panel to watch.... and it was spinning.... slowly and motor seemed hot although that may be normal. Anyway being a samurai at heart  and while machine was spinning slowly I summed up my courage  and pushed the motor back as it is on a slide and lo and behold the thing sped up and away it went. How can I adjust that slide is there a a spring to replace of maybe the motor is shot:yikes:. Help. Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The pump belt is slipping. Tighten it by loosening the three pump retaining screws and sliding the pump to the right to tighten the belt. Good to go, buddy-row.

also the motor sits on a slide kit make sure to lubricate that also or it will never tension the belt correctly