Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Manuals for Oster #40 and Hamilton Beach Drink Mixers #30 & #33

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jetcone

Jetcone

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:35 PM

Konnichiwa:

Always wanting to restore and maintain American manufacturing history I have, of late, fallen in love with 1940's Milkshake machines. These things keep on ticking and making great drinks. They should never head to the junk pile when all they need is a little tweaking.

Oh Great Guru in the depths of your Kimono do you find the odd little factory service manuals for these great and powerful mood enhancers from a forgotten time?

Or in your great wisdom do you know the manufacturers of the Universal Motors inside that power these little green wonders from the 40's?

Maybe the makers still have a back room stuffed with useless parts!

yours in brotherhood:

Dr. Frigidaire

Attached Files

Dr. Frigidaire- 25 Year Appliance Guru of the Old Technology. You can see our work at http://automaticwasher.org/ , enjoy grasshopper!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:58 PM

I'll  search within the next few days...

I have the Model Thirty, but not the nice green ..

It's white with the "open legs"

I bought about a year ago at a local rummage sale for $ 15. :) 

needed a new power cord.

works fine, but I haven't used it much ..

saw a bunch of related items on ebay ..

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,698 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 27 April 2009 - 05:19 AM

What a classic beauty!

#4 Jetcone

Jetcone

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:49 PM

Thanks Reg a  manual would be a good thing. I contacted HB direct and got the usual "oh gee we haven't made those in 60 years" response.

I like to do things by the book since it usually has little tips about repair. I know its only a Universal motor inside there but still "doctrine" is alway good to have.

Jon
Dr. Frigidaire- 25 Year Appliance Guru of the Old Technology. You can see our work at http://automaticwasher.org/ , enjoy grasshopper!

#5 Jetcone

Jetcone

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:51 PM

Thanks Samurai!

That is a 1948 Oster in mint condition, even the bearings are purrrfect! It whines like a brand new unit. And it does make the best shakes ever! If you're down in Boston stop by for a shake and review of the classic washers down in the basement!

jon

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:53 PM

sorry, I couldn't find anything info except ebay units (working and not)

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 Jetcone

Jetcone

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 04:17 AM

thanks for trying Reg, with this out there someone may have access to factory manuals and parts manuals.

cheers

jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics