Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Mr Iddle

Fisher & Paykel Smart Drive 9 Overfill / Flooding

2 posts in this topic

Having a few problems with the old girl today - and even worse, my F&P washing machine is giving me grief as well!

Had an inital problem where the machine wouldn't drain. After reading the forums, I tried freeing up the impeller blades which cured that problem. However, I am now in the situation where the machine is overfilling and causing minor floods. I suspect that this might have something to do with me having a little sneaky peak under the control panel earlier and undoing the plastic pressure tube. This tube was reconncted but I am wondering if I have screwed up the pressure settings and this is why the machine is overfilling?

Any thoughts?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yep you got it in one...............ya stuffed up the system when you disconnected the pressure tube. Good news is its a simple fix. Make sure the machine is empty of water, disconnect the tube at the console again and blow through it. You will clear any water that has got into the tube. Refit it and test the levels again. Make sure when you test it you have selected a level. Don't use the auto-level as this does not rely on the pressure transducer.

Good luck