Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
featherbed

Whirlpool Duet Dryer Not Drying Well

10 posts in this topic

Model number:  GEW9200LW0

Serial number:  ML48065-15

Type:   DADT-ELE-2406028-EL54

We have owned the dryer for a couple of years - has been great.  Recently, drying performance is way off.  I have checked airflow both with and without vent pipe in place - air is warm and seems to be moving well.  Chamber is warm also.  Please help.

Thanks

In Fear Of My Life.:shock:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you tried drying a load with the vent disconnected from the dryer?

no - not yet.  It is laundry day (everyday is laundry day) - let me give that a try.

dg

Try what they said and also pull the lower panel off      and then also pull the lint housing off   .... Both parts have 2 1/4 screws on em  ..... vaccuum everthing out  will also help with airflow   ... Those units have  a t-stat above the flamechamber  and if the vent has poor airflow   it will short cycle off on this t stat      ......    as a safety always vac out this dryer 

Thanks I will try that also - I will let you know.

dg

Well I took the front panel off and thoroughly cleaned the airway from the lint filter all the way to the exit.  Little if any change in the problem.   Clothes are still damp at end of cycle.   Any ideas where to go next?

dg

Did you run this with the vent hose off of the dryer, if not do so as a test to see if your house vent is clogged. If you did do this suspect the thermister.

I ran a load of clothes last night with a small piece of clean dryer hose - still damp.   The air is warm but not hot.   Is it thermister time?

Thanks again for your advice,

Dave Geer

Replaced thermister tonight.   All is well.   Everything back to normal.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

dg

Thanks for letting us know, and you are quite welcome....;)