Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

eskimo

Kenmore series 70 washer

10 posts in this topic

After replacing the plumbing behind my washer with copper pipe, I discovered that the metal valve vas arching against the back of my washer and tripping the breaker. Moved the valve, repaired the outside house ground.

Now the washer problem....suddenly it won't fill. It will rinse while agitating but no fill. I can't seem to figure out how to get the back off the thing to check for a blown fuse or something. I have a the screws out, but there are about a million little plastic clips holding it on.

HELP PLEASE !!!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

You are truly the wise one ! That was VERY helpful. Now, it would seem that there are no fuses to worry about. I suspect that it is the fill valve. Is there some way to test this ?

are you getting no water or are you just missing hot or cold      ... see if you have power at the valve if you do change the valve    if not its a problem before the valve   .... water pres switch   ... temp select switch  .... timer   or even a control board for auto temp

Do I need to bypass the lid switch to check for voltage at the fill valve ?

Sounds like something went ka-poot inside of the fill valve, I would start by replacing this...

Thank you all very much ! turns out the fill valve AND the water level switch were fried. All is well now. You are truly the Samurai !!

:party: