Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile WPSR4130W1WW

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 beagle

beagle

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

Our washer is confused. It fills and agitates well. But, when it is time to drain and spin it switches back and forth between the two. It also will vary in spin speed. We've stopped it at this point and turned the timer to the next stage where it then spins at full speed but seems to spin forever! We've tried different various combinations of cycle and speed selections. I suspect the timer is failing. How would I best test this theory?:?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:28 PM

From what you are describing I not really sure of your problem  ....

How a GE washer works:

It goes into a drain first before it starts to spin  ....

Once it starts to spin  the pressure switch also plays a part in this cycle...

ex    it may start spinning but if the water level lifts up too high the unit will stall and start to drain again and when the pressure switch deactivates the unit will start to spin again and then it may stop again with the water level spining and reaching high again ....

However if the unit spins FOREVER  change the timer..... 

#3 beagle

beagle

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 02:49 PM

Thank you for your response. I tested your suggestions.
In the 'Easy Care' cycle, I let it fill to 'extra small' load and begin washing, then I shortened the wash cycle. It began draining first and then started to spin. It quickly stopped spinning and began draining again. Then I moved the timer a little forward again to the spin between wash and rinse. It drained fine at this point and has spun now for 11 minutes and is showing no signs of stopping!

#4 beagle

beagle

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:07 PM

The replacement timer arrived today. Finally!! It took me about five minutes to switch old for new. So far, I've successfully washed two loads. Just to satisfy my own curiosity I took the old timer apart. It had spot welded itself in pins 23 & 24. Haven't looked up those pin assignments. I put the schematic back inside when I 'buttoned it up.' Now, this family of six can line up the wheelbarrows of laundry!!:P Thank you for providing the final suggestions that helped pinpoint the problem.:D You 'guys' are the best!
Becky....just call me Beagle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics