Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beagle

GE Profile WPSR4130W1WW

4 posts in this topic

Our washer is confused. It fills and agitates well. But, when it is time to drain and spin it switches back and forth between the two. It also will vary in spin speed. We've stopped it at this point and turned the timer to the next stage where it then spins at full speed but seems to spin forever! We've tried different various combinations of cycle and speed selections. I suspect the timer is failing. How would I best test this theory?:?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

From what you are describing I not really sure of your problem  ....

How a GE washer works:

It goes into a drain first before it starts to spin  ....

Once it starts to spin  the pressure switch also plays a part in this cycle...

ex    it may start spinning but if the water level lifts up too high the unit will stall and start to drain again and when the pressure switch deactivates the unit will start to spin again and then it may stop again with the water level spining and reaching high again ....

However if the unit spins FOREVER  change the timer..... 

Thank you for your response. I tested your suggestions.

In the 'Easy Care' cycle, I let it fill to 'extra small' load and begin washing, then I shortened the wash cycle. It began draining first and then started to spin. It quickly stopped spinning and began draining again. Then I moved the timer a little forward again to the spin between wash and rinse. It drained fine at this point and has spun now for 11 minutes and is showing no signs of stopping!

The replacement timer arrived today. Finally!! It took me about five minutes to switch old for new. So far, I've successfully washed two loads. Just to satisfy my own curiosity I took the old timer apart. It had spot welded itself in pins 23 & 24. Haven't looked up those pin assignments. I put the schematic back inside when I 'buttoned it up.' Now, this family of six can line up the wheelbarrows of laundry!!:P Thank you for providing the final suggestions that helped pinpoint the problem.:D You 'guys' are the best!

Becky....just call me Beagle.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0