Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

phat1125

Frigidaire Gas Dryer - heating problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello all - I spent a bit of time perusing these forums and just want some confirmation on what I have found before ordering parts...

My Frigidaire gas dryer (~2 years old) has stopped heating. After reading the troubleshooting guides, here is what happens:

The igniter glows - I can hear a whooshing sound as the gas lights, and I can see the flame burning and the dryer starts heating (It only does this on High heat). After about 2 minutes, the flame goes away and the dryer happily runs along until the end of the cycle with no heat.

From what I have read on these forums, I am suspecting a bad coil and should replace it - Does this sound appropriate for what I am experiencing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Harry

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes, replace all of the coils on the gas valve......;)

Thanks - already ordered them after just a few minutes more digging around in the forum and ripping the old ones out of the dryer to make sure the ones at repairclinic.com were a match.

Will update as soon as I receive the new parts and try the dryer out - thanks for the help!!

Hope this solves the problem, if not at least they are not expensive...;)

Well - I replaced the coils and found another problem (Birds nest in the vent path...)

Replacement of the coils solved the problem w/ the dryer not heating for more than 2 minutes, but now the dryer ONLY heats when the selector is set for high heat. Would that be a control panel issue?

Even w/ the electrical drawings, I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem - please let me know if anyone has a clue.

Thanks,

Harry