Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
phat1125

Frigidaire Gas Dryer - heating problem

5 posts in this topic

Hello all - I spent a bit of time perusing these forums and just want some confirmation on what I have found before ordering parts...

My Frigidaire gas dryer (~2 years old) has stopped heating. After reading the troubleshooting guides, here is what happens:

The igniter glows - I can hear a whooshing sound as the gas lights, and I can see the flame burning and the dryer starts heating (It only does this on High heat). After about 2 minutes, the flame goes away and the dryer happily runs along until the end of the cycle with no heat.

From what I have read on these forums, I am suspecting a bad coil and should replace it - Does this sound appropriate for what I am experiencing? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Harry

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Yes, replace all of the coils on the gas valve......;)

Thanks - already ordered them after just a few minutes more digging around in the forum and ripping the old ones out of the dryer to make sure the ones at repairclinic.com were a match.

Will update as soon as I receive the new parts and try the dryer out - thanks for the help!!

Hope this solves the problem, if not at least they are not expensive...;)

Well - I replaced the coils and found another problem (Birds nest in the vent path...)

Replacement of the coils solved the problem w/ the dryer not heating for more than 2 minutes, but now the dryer ONLY heats when the selector is set for high heat. Would that be a control panel issue?

Even w/ the electrical drawings, I am not sure how to troubleshoot this problem - please let me know if anyone has a clue.

Thanks,

Harry