Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
blalbrec

Maytag MAH2400aww

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, I am new to the site.  I have researched and checked everything that I know as to the problems that I am having with this "wonderful" washing machine.  The machine will not spin, thus not complete a cycle.  The drum will rotate CW but not CCW.  I am having a hard time pinpointing the problem from diagnostic codes that are being given, 18 and 3E.  Code 18 is for the door switch , and the code 3E is that of bad motor windings, speed sensor, wiring connections or control board.  I checked the connections and found corroded connections in the harness to the motor, after cleaning the connections I checked the resistance of the motor windings and everything checked out.  I wondered if anybody has run into this problem and if there are any other checks that I can perform before replacing any of the compenents releated to the error code 3E.  I really don't like the idea of putting $350.00 dollars (for motor and control panel) into a 2 year old machine if it is going to keep giving us trouble.  BTY this is the third problem that we have had with this model, not very impressed.  Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Have you done the Board Input and Board Output Tests in the Tech Sheet ?

I have completed each test, and every function works except the spin cycle (drum rotation CCW).  I am not certain if there are any other tests to pinpoint the problem.  I am not certain if it the control board, speed sensor, wiring, or the motor.  Thank you for the prompt response.