Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch SHE42L

abeavens

Having an intermittent problem trying to start the dishwasher. Every couple of days it will not respond to the Power Button (no lites, although a couple of times a group of them have flashed on when pushing the button). I have checked the ON/OFF and Door switches and all contacts appear to work properly. I have checked all connectors on the Control Board. Are there any voltages I can measure. On the two maintained contacts on the ON/OFF switch, I read 120VAC on one (middle with white wire) and 52VAC (door sw on) or 68VAC (door sw off) on the other. Just opened up the Control Module and found a dead cockroach on solder side of circuit board, but after proper burial, still no luck.

Any other info or tests?

Mahalo

Art

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abeavens

• Budget Appliance Repair

• RegUS_PatOff

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a wiring diagram for that model,

but I would think if the ON/OFF Switch was ON, there should be 120v on each side...

and 0v across the Switch

I thought it might be the same also since the voltages seem strange. The middle contact does have 120VAC on both sides, but the left one changes (but is the same on both sides) when door switch is operated. Can you give any help finding a part since nothing seems to confirm a part for the SHE42L. I did find a part that looks like it at Repairclinic.com (1161532) but can't confirm it. Besides, it is not in stock.  

OK, here is new information. Doesn't look like a Control Module problem after all. I put it all back together and still no lites or action. As I pushed the door shut, a couple of lites flashed. I then pushed again on the door and it was actually rocking the unit and the lites came on correctly. Then letting it come back down, off they went. I was finally able to get it into a position where it worked. Seems like there must be some more switches and I am getting intermittent contact. I will pull the unit out next and look underneath for anything that can move when rocked. Does anyone know of other switches whick would give these symptoms?

I would be looking at the door latch, (if it is the style that has microswitches), and check the wiring at the bottom of the door, (possible broken wires, maybe broken internally and not visible, will have to ohm out each wire).

Well, the mystery has been solved. I removed the front panel so I could see where all of the wires went, and guess what I found all rolled up by the hinge. The schematic. This is what I was requesting in the first place. There I found that the 52 - 68 VAC really should have been 0VAC, so now I realized that it was the old FLOATING NEUTRAL trick. The unit had not been installed well and the board it was screwded into had come loose, that is why I could rock it. I pulled it all of the way out and found that AC plug was half out of the receptacle and cord kinked and being pushed against by the unit. There was melted mastic from back of the unit all over the plug. I installed a right angle plug type line cord and now all of our beer mugs are clean again. When I get close to a scanner again, I will send the schematic for the "Secret Stash".